• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD9 Sub-Compact holster

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I modified a Serpa CQC by removing the bottom inch or so, so that the holster just barely covers the muzzle of the xdsc.
DSC_0298.jpg

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dremel. I liked the aesthetics better with the holster chopped. Also, it makes the rig marginally lighter, easier to conceal when necessary, and a lot more comfortable to carry in the car.

Tpop34

imported post

petrophase wrote:
Dremel. I liked the aesthetics better with the holster chopped. Also, it makes the rig marginally lighter, easier to conceal when necessary, and a lot more comfortable to carry in the car.
Ok two questions for you, 1) what specific model is this? I've been on the Blackhawk website and of the black matte holsters non resemble yours. In terms of the area behind the finger press point. 2) I know you said it's better for concealment, but would you OC this with this?

the reason I ask is that I own the same firearm, and I'm interested in doing something similar. Also are you concerned with ever having an issue not being able to press the release button? I've been on another forum discussing this particular holster, more specifically over at XD talk.

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's a "Sportster" Serpa CQC, plastic not carbon fiber, purchased from our local Cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0050116228866a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=serpa&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=0&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=0

I would and have OC'd with this. The inch of plastic that was removed was not part of the retention mechanism; the holster functions perfectly. I've never had an issue with the release on this or any other Serpa CQC that I've had.