Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 629.6 School Zone (summer programs? summer camp?)

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Huntington Beach, California, USA

    Post imported post

    It has become clear that it can be very difficult to OC in certain aspects of Southern California. I'm trying to gain a complete understanding of 629.6 and how it would apply to churches that may or may not have a weekly summer program from anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks during sumer.

    For the purpose of the above question - this would be a Vacation Bible School (1 week during the summer - for all ages) and apart from this, it is NOT a school 51 weeks a year.

    Also - does anyone OC while attending church?going to the bank?

    Thank you for your help!

  2. #2
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Stanislaus County, California, USA

    Post imported post

    Does the institution provide education in any of the grades K-12? That is, is it an accredited institution? Would you be off the legal hook if you took your kid out of public school and instead enrolled in the institution's program?

    If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" -
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation -
    Supporter of the Madison Society -

    Don't Tread On Me.

  3. #3
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Post imported post

    By your description it does not appear that this church provides K-12 schooling, therefore PC 626.9 does not apply. Unless they have an actual school providing regular education in grades K-12, there is no issue. Preschools and day care centers are not part of the law either.

    Note the law is 626.9, not 629.6.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    San Luis Obispo, California, USA

    Post imported post

    Private AND public K-12 are subject of the law. The law also continues through weekends, holidays, and Summer vacation, 24/7-365.

    The facility must provide K-12 education, but not necessarily contiguous (think K-6 Elementary, 7-9 Junior high, 10-12 Senior high).

    Colleges are NOT covered by the law, but you MUST obtain permission from the college to bring a firearm onto campus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts