• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

heading to colorado

Delta_RT

imported post

hey guys,

i've been on this forum reading and watching a lot over in the Wisconsin section. in feb of 2011 i'll be pulling into colorado springs on assignment to fort carson with the 4th infantry division. i was wondering how soon i can get my app in for ccw and what steps to take. can i get started on this before i hit the ground? what should i be doing as soon as i get there?

Thanks!
~kyle.

bomber

imported post

Delta_RT wrote:
that legal information is awesome. thanks a lot, man. i'll start pulling threads on this when i get back from work.

thanks, again.
yes, fort carson is in el paso county

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

I believe El Paso will allow military personnel stationed in Colorado for more than 12 months to immediately apply for CCW. You will need a local address, but you may not want to give up your home residence DL so I understand that Military ID will be equivalent for this use.

Good luck on the move and welcome to Colorado in advance. some neat toys that those guys have down at Ft. Carson, enjoy...

Delta_RT

imported post

thanks for the information and the warm welcome. i'll be browsing/observing the Colorado section much more often now in preparation for next feb.

Thanks!