• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excercised my rights

The Big Guy

imported post

I was wondering if I would get any guff yesterday when I went into a polling place to vote while OC. Nope. No looks, no comments, no problems. Just how it should be.

BG

Sabotage70

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Be careful with this folks, many polling places are located on school grounds. DO NOT CARRY ON SCHOOL GROUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, OC OR OTHERWISE!
They use the schools on election days. I'm sure he was talking about one of the polling places that they had set up in a shopping center. I hope.

The Big Guy

imported post

Next to Albertsons in Henderson, College and Horizon. I would agree that if it were at a school one would be asking for problems, but, as far as I know therereally is no state statute concerning open carry on school grounds. If memory serves, and sometimes it's faulty, the only sttutes are regarding CC.. I'm sure someone will set me straight on that.

BG

Nevada carrier

imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
If memory serves, and sometimes it's faulty, the only sttutes are regarding CC.. I'm sure someone will set me straight on that.

BG

just to refresh your memory, Don't take this as sarcasm by any means.

NRS 202.265 Possession of dangerous weapon on property or in vehicle of school or child care facility; penalty; exceptions.
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person shall not carry or possess while on the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, a private or public school or child care facility, or while in a vehicle of a private or public school or child care facility:
(a) An explosive or incendiary device;
(b) A dirk, dagger or switchblade knife;
(c) A nunchaku or trefoil;
(d) A blackjack or billy club or metal knuckles;
(e) A pistol, revolver or other firearm; or
(f) Any device used to mark any part of a person with paint or any other substance.
2. Any person who violates subsection 1 is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
3. This section does not prohibit the possession of a weapon listed in subsection 1 on the property of:
(a) A private or public school or child care facility by a:
(1) Peace officer;
(2) School security guard; or
(3) Person having written permission from the president of a branch or facility of the Nevada System of Higher Education or the principal of the school or the person designated by a child care facility to give permission to carry or possess the weapon.
(b) A child care facility which is located at or in the home of a natural person by the person who owns or operates the facility so long as the person resides in the home and the person complies with any laws governing the possession of such a weapon.
4. The provisions of this section apply to a child care facility located at or in the home of a natural person only during the normal hours of business of the facility.
5. For the purposes of this section:
(a) “Child care facility” means any child care facility that is licensed pursuant to chapter 432A of NRS or licensed by a city or county.
(b) “Firearm” includes any device from which a metallic projectile, including any ball bearing or pellet, may be expelled by means of spring, gas, air or other force.
(c) “Nunchaku” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 202.350.
(d) “Switchblade knife” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 202.350.
(e) “Trefoil” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 202.350.
(f) “Vehicle” has the meaning ascribed to “school bus” in NRS 484A.230.
(Added to NRS by 1989, 656; A 1993, 364; 1995, 1151; 2001, 806; 2007, 1913)

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person shall not carry or possess while on the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, a private or public school or child care facility, or while in a vehicle of a private or public school or child care facility:

3. This section does not prohibit the possession of a weapon listed in subsection 1 on the property of:
(a) A private or public school or child care facility by a:

(3) Person having written permission from the president of a branch or facility of the Nevada System of Higher Education or the principal of the school or the person designated by a child care facility to give permission to carry or possess the weapon.
Meaning that a principal or child care facility operator has the option to allow anyone to carry.

Wouldn't that be an interesting marketing tool? "Our staff provide an extra level of protection by being armed at all times . . ." or maybe "This is the Charter School with a difference -- curriculum includes marksmanship, ballistics, handloading and a full understanding of the Second Amendment . . ."

Or, even better, "Patrick Purdy wouldn't have gotten ten feet onto OUR campus!"

BTW, I've been to that schoolyard in Stockton. There are no new fences and few gates. If they had simply been KEPT LOCKED, Purdy would not have been able to walk into the middle of the yard.