Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 75 cav license plate, maroon car

Post imported post

Yesterday I noticed the car in front of me had a VCDL sticker on it in front of me at a stop light. Not thinking I got out and went to say hi. The driver wasn't paying attention - and I didn't have the chance to chat much but I startled him when I walked up to say Hi. It was kinda funny but the more I thought of it if he hadn't been so absorbed in writing on a clip board, he could have been armed and if he had been practicing a quick draw from a seated position I might have gotten shot accidentally for walking up like that - a reaction thing. :what:So that's the last time I'll get out of my car at a stop light to say hi to any of you, lol. Except maybe citizen or naked....

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Yesterday I noticed the car in front of me had a VCDL sticker on it in front of me at a stop light. Not thinking I got out and went to say hi. The driver wasn't paying attention - and I didn't have the chance to chat much but I startled him when I walked up to say Hi. It was kinda funny but the more I thought of it if he hadn't been so absorbed in writing on a clip board, he could have been armed and if he had been practicing a quick draw from a seated position I might have gotten shot accidentally for walking up like that - a reaction thing. :what:So that's the last time I'll get out of my car at a stop light to say hi to any of you, lol. Except maybe citizen or naked....
    I see them every time I get in town.

Post imported post

Might not be the beat thing to post on an open board. Antis will grab a hold of that sentiment

Post imported post

conhntr wrote:
    Might not be the beat thing to post on an open board. Antis will grab a hold of that sentiment
    I don't know. Anti's are going to grab on something no matter what...and that is a good safety tip, not only for gun owners, but everyone.

I get aggravated when people honk at me when I don't move fast enough at stop lights. Sometimes I put it in park and go back to have a talk with them.

Not a bad thing to keep in mind for those moments.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Wait...you got out of your stopped vehicle, at a traffic light, to strike up a conversation with an unknown gun owner who was potentially armed at the time?

You need to go buy a lottery ticket....
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Wait...you got out of your stopped vehicle, at a traffic light, to strike up a conversation with an unknown gun owner who was potentially armed at the time?

+1
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Actually, I think you'd be safer approaching a car WITH a VCDL sticker than any random car WITHOUT a VCDL sticker....

I don't think it's wise to startle anyone these days, no matter where you are.

TFred

Post imported post

At least you didn't get your gun out to play show and tell with the driver

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    How not to approach someone with a gun
    http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ent=thegun.flv

Post imported post

It could have gone alot of different ways. I doubt the first reaction would have been for this guy to draw on me. I wasn't being aggressive or anything prior to the approach. I was just pointing out the potential foolishness on my part - especially after reflecting on how jumpy I can be at times. I thought this guy was going to fly out of his skin. It was actually kind of funny. However, like I said, probably not the brightest thing to do after the fact. I don't know if he was armed or not, but if he had been I am grateful that I had the element of surprise on my side because he really didn't know what to do other than just look at me with this suprised expression on my face. He was totally absorbed into writing on the paper on his clipboard. Didn't even see my approach. I thought about rapping on his windshield to get his attention first but decided not to. I wasn't armed at the time either, so that probably helped.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    nova wrote:
    How not to approach someone with a gun
    http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ent=thegun.flv
    That was.....hysterical!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    ...he really didn't know what to do other than just look at me with this surprised expression...
    Did he look like this?

Post imported post

cop or not, how not to approach a wreckless vehicle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjjF55M8JQ

Post imported post

A plainclothes "cop" without any visible identification.

He should be reprimanded, shot and then fired.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    A plainclothes "cop" without any visible identification.

He should be reprimanded, shot and then fired.
    Well, he definitely should not have drawn his gun, especially before identifying himself as LEO, and there was a marked unit behind the motorcycle anyways. Kind of like that DC cop with the idiot snowballers.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Y'all haveta understand that Bohdi has a very optimistic outlook that translates into a nearly perpetual warm, friendlysmile.

Anybody who gets nervous at his approachand staysnervous after the first glanceneeds to socialize more.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Y'all haveta understand that Bohdi has a very optimistic outlook that translates into a nearly perpetual warm, friendlysmile.

Anybody who gets nervous at his approachand staysnervous after the first glanceneeds to socialize more.
    +1

Post imported post

a nearly perpetual warm, friendly smile.
    Didn't they say that about Bundy and Manson, too? :P

Post imported post

Yeah, but I am nowhere near as charismatic. Friendly, unassuming yes, charismatic no.

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    ...he really didn't know what to do other than just look at me with this surprised expression...
    Did he look like this?

Actually, he kinda did, lol. That's the movement he made.

Post imported post

At a red light?!?!?! Come on now... did you have your gun open carrying?

I get mad at people at red lights that aren't paying attention and texting... and you are actually parking your car at a red light to go say hi. You would've gotten the horn from me.. maybe even the one finger salute depending on where I was headed.

Post imported post

I didn't hold up traffic, it was a red light, a fresh one. Nope, wasn't carrying. Salutes and horns nowhere to be found. Everyone walked away with their eyes, fingers and toes in tact :celebrate

Post imported post

Good to hear. Ha, so he was startled? I bet he is still wondering why someone was walking up to his car.

Post imported post

I had enough time to tell him that I saw his VCDL sticker, and that it wasn't common to see them and that I just wanted to say hi. I think he was in shock so whether or not the individual actually heard that I guess we'll never know.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    conhntr wrote:
    I don't know. Anti's are going to grab on something no matter what...and that is a good safety tip, not only for gun owners, but everyone.

I get aggravated when people honk at me when I don't move fast enough at stop lights. Sometimes I put it in park and go back to have a talk with them.

Not a bad thing to keep in mind for those moments.
    I'm with you peter nap. Only I'll walk around to the front of my vehicle and pop the hood so now I have your attention for another red light or two and never mind my purty shiny gun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast