• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

75 cav license plate, maroon car

NovaCop

imported post

At a red light?!?!?! Come on now... did you have your gun open carrying?

I get mad at people at red lights that aren't paying attention and texting... and you are actually parking your car at a red light to go say hi. You would've gotten the horn from me.. maybe even the one finger salute depending on where I was headed.

bohdi

imported post

I didn't hold up traffic, it was a red light, a fresh one. Nope, wasn't carrying. Salutes and horns nowhere to be found. Everyone walked away with their eyes, fingers and toes in tact :celebrate

NovaCop

imported post

Good to hear. Ha, so he was startled? I bet he is still wondering why someone was walking up to his car.

bohdi

imported post

I had enough time to tell him that I saw his VCDL sticker, and that it wasn't common to see them and that I just wanted to say hi. I think he was in shock so whether or not the individual actually heard that I guess we'll never know.

Dragonfly

imported post

peter nap wrote:
conhntr wrote:
Might not be the beat thing to post on an open board. Antis will grab a hold of that sentiment
I don't know. Anti's are going to grab on something no matter what...and that is a good safety tip, not only for gun owners, but everyone.

I get aggravated when people honk at me when I don't move fast enough at stop lights. Sometimes I put it in park and go back to have a talk with them.:uhoh:

Not a bad thing to keep in mind for those moments.
I'm with you peter nap. Only I'll walk around to the front of my vehicle and pop the hood so now I have your attention for another red light or two and never mind my purty shiny gun:lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
I didn't hold up traffic, it was a red light, a fresh one. Nope, wasn't carrying. Salutes and horns nowhere to be found. Everyone walked away with their eyes, fingers and toes in tact :celebrate
I forgot to mention there is a friendly smart-aleck behind that smile. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
peter nap wrote:
conhntr wrote:
Might not be the beat thing to post on an open board. Antis will grab a hold of that sentiment
I don't know. Anti's are going to grab on something no matter what...and that is a good safety tip, not only for gun owners, but everyone.

I get aggravated when people honk at me when I don't move fast enough at stop lights. Sometimes I put it in park and go back to have a talk with them.:uhoh:

Not a bad thing to keep in mind for those moments.
I'm with you peter nap. Only I'll walk around to the front of my vehicle and pop the hood so now I have your attention for another red light or two and never mind my purty shiny gun:lol:
We're gonna get wet in a little Dragonfly. I'm going to have the best mud crop ever this year. BTW, I have the Blue Host information now.

USNA69

imported post

nova wrote:
cop or not, how not to approach a wreckless vehicle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjjF55M8JQ

I am old enough to remember that episode, when it first ran on TV in the mid-50s. Too badthe clipdid not show the funny ending. The Kingfish gets arrested for attempted robbery of the pawn ship and goes to court. The misunderstanding is revealed and the charges are dropped. The judge then asks him if he has learned anything from this whole affair. The Kingfish replies, "Yes, your honor, the next time I'll pawn it in New Jersey."

Still funny after 55 years.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NovaCop10 wrote:

I get mad at people at red lights that aren't paying attention and texting... and you are actually parking your car at a red light to go say hi. You would've gotten the horn from me.. maybe even the one finger salute depending on where I was headed.

Police law-breaking. VA Code 46.2-1060.

"...It shall further be unlawful for any person at any time to use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable warning..."

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-1060

NovaCop

imported post

Citizen wrote:
NovaCop10 wrote:

Police law-breaking. VA Code 46.2-1060.

"...It shall further be unlawful for any person at any time to use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable warning..."

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-1060
Sorry Citizen, but I do admit to breaking that law at times. I also admit that I jaywalk at times as well. I'm sorry to the citizens that I serve, I hope they can overlook my horn usage and my occasional jay walking.

You are anti police and that's fine since everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would also argue that my horn usage could be reasonable in that situation if I say that I am warning the person who is now impeding the flow of traffic that other traffic is now coming towards us and we should continue on. I would think that instead of attacking LEO's on this site, you would try to gain support.

Tomahawk

imported post

I like you bohdi, but if I had been in the car behind me I would have had a blood pressure spike. I can't stand when the person in the car in front of me is not paying attention to the light, let alone doing a Chinese fire drill.

Every day to get home from work I have to make a left across traffic on Rt. 1 at a particularly aggrivating light. Unfortunately, lots of people who live in Ft. Belvoir base housing turn there, too, and they are usually from out of state. Which means they drive like idiots who are unaware that this light doesn't stay green for very long. They futz around with their center consoles or look out the side window, and when I tap the horn to get them going they waste time putting the car in gear and then strand me at the light for another cycle.

bohdi

imported post

I feel the same way which is why I almost didn't act. Most of the time I can tolerate other drivers and I try not to do the very things that aggitate me to others. I pulled this one off though :)