• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone just asked me an interesting question.

zekester

imported post

I know it is leagal to have a weapon in your car when traveling in Missouri....like on your front seat.....

Where do you put it when you are on a motorcycle?

nrepuyan

imported post

zekester wrote:
I know it is leagal to have a weapon in your car when traveling in Missouri....like on your front seat.....

on your person...it's legal to open carry or conceal carry in your own vehicle.

doc and big mike do it all the time i believe...

cshoff

imported post

zekester wrote:

It can be concealed ANYWHERE in the "passenger compartment" of a motor vehicle without a CCW permit. That means on your person, or somewhere in the vehicle that is not on your person. On a motorcycle, that could be in a concealed holster on your person somewhere, in a saddle bag, in a separate container strapped to the bike somehow, or most any other way you could conceivably conceal it on the bike.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I have ridden throughmany Illegal OC municipalities on the motorcycle with my firearm exposed on my side and my ammunition in a small lock-box in a bag on the bike. Though oddly I have yet to be stopped and challenged doing this. Just because it is legal doesn't mean you wont get harassed and possibly catch hell for it or even a charge. Some towns don't have laws that are legal to the state standard. I try to avoid those all together.

It falls under Missouri's preeminent transport firearm clause in chapter 571

.......when the actor is transporting such weapons in a nonfunctioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is not readily accessible..........

Doc

2010-05-26_1908.png