• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And now back to the real world.

johnny amish

imported post

AaronS wrote:
http://www.wisn.com/news/23678649/detail.html

You just have to love Jesus. I can't wait for this to be over.
This seems like very good news. It chaps my shorts that the liberal media likes to put a negative spin on cases like this. The title says "gunman" and infirstsentence of the article "activist", these are great words to give the reader a negative impression. If Jesus is found innocent do you suppose the title of thearticle will say Hero found innocent? Carry on Jesus.

B

bhancock

imported post

johnny amish wrote:
This seems like very good news. It chaps my shorts that the liberal media likes to put a negative spin on cases like this. The title says "gunman" and infirstsentence of the article "activist", these are great words to give the reader a negative impression. If Jesus is found innocent do you suppose the title of thearticle will say Hero found innocent? Carry on Jesus.
Yes, I agree. They intentionally choose words that incite fear and provocation in those who misunderstand our rights as citizens, or who have opposition to those rights. Does exercising my rights make me an activist. Maybe an added issue is that many traditional newspapers are losing money. There will always be a market for National Enquirer style 'journalism'.

Canard

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
$100,000 cash bond.  Wish I had access to that kind of cash-  Good for Jesus.
I hope he is found innocent.

I don't believe you actually need access to 100K cash. Typically a bonding agency charges about 10% and then takes collateral for the rest which could have been his mom's house.

M

McX

imported post

the da seeking to remove his right to protect himself. innocent until proven guilty. will the da take personal responsibility if the next time jesus ends up a dead victim?

hardballer

imported post

johnny amish wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Prosecutors are going to ask the judge to modify conditions of Gonzalez's bail. They'd like him forbidden from carrying a gun while the criminal case against him moves through the courts.
So much for the rule of law.
Wouldn't it be nice if in this country we were innocent until proven guilty.

That's a novel idea but you'll never get that one passed. Innocent till proven guilty? What were you thinking? That's like you have the right to bear arms. You're dreamin' right?

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

McX wrote:
the da seeking to remove his right to protect himself. innocent until proven guilty. will the da take personal responsibility if the next time jesus ends up a dead victim?

Well, it was granted.

Defendant Jesus Gonzalez in court with attorney Nelida Cortes. William J Molitor appeared for the State of Wisconsin. Deputy Court Clerk: krw RE: Motion of Alteration of Conditions of Release filed 5-25-10 Statements made on the record. Court granted State's Motion. Court orders the conditions of Bail modified to include the following additional conditions: ..Defendant is prohibited from possessing and dangerous weapons including but not limited to firearms. ..Defendant is to have no contact direct or in-direct with Jered J. Corn; Gleena M. Hall and Marlon Hall ..Defendant is no to leave the State of Wisconsin without prior Court approval Defendant was served with Amended Bail/Bond document and No Contact Order Case is adjourned to Branch 27 Scheduling 6-07-2010 at 08:30 a.m. Notice of next court date given to defendant.

This is from WCCA.

M

McX

imported post

a crime has been committed by the courts against a civilian.