• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man dies after being shot in leg

TheFreeman

imported post

Source: http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Man-dies-after-being-shot-in-leg-94892564.html

by BETH SHAYNE / NewsChannel 36
E-mail Beth: BShayne@WCNC.com
NewsChannel 36
Posted on May 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Updated today at 9:03 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Horseplay led to Charlotte's 30th murder of 2010, according to police, and early this morning officers made an arrest.
John Calvin Hornes was arrested for the murder of Cleamard Chisholm.
Metro division officers from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department were called to Roslyn Avenue after a homeowner discoveredChisholm collapsed in his yard. The man had been shot in the leg.
Chisholm died a short time later at Carolinas Medical Center. .
Police say witnesses tell them Hornes andChisholm were fooling around on the porch of a house at Rozzelles Ferry Road and Bacon Avenue when Hornes left, returned with a handgun, and shotChisholmin the leg.
Police say he ran from the porch and in doing so, lost a lot of blood.
Neighbors said Chisholm had lived in the Smallwood area of Charlotte off Rozzelles Ferry Road all his life. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Rodney Monroe spoke to the victim's family at the scene.
Hornes ran from the scene and got intoa white pick-up truck, according to police. They arrested him in Statesville.
This is Charlotte's 30th homicide in 2010. That's double the number of murders in the first five months of 2009.
Must have been a drug deal gone bad or something. Or previous bad blood. Its reasons like this why I choose to carry.

Anywhere, anytime. Stay safe guys.

CarryOpen

imported post

"Police say witnesses tell them Hornes andChisholm were fooling around on the porch of a house at Rozzelles Ferry Road and Bacon Avenue when Hornes left, returned with a handgun, and shotChisholmin the leg."

I don't know how one could infer that this was a drug deal gone bad. I also don't know how carrying could have helped you if a person who you knew and would "fool around with" came by and shot you while you were sitting on the porch.

Situational awareness is not a cure-all for situations like this one. If we were friendly and I decided to shoot you in the leg there wouldn't be much you could do to stop it. If he were carrying and managed to return fire he would probably still be dead.