Thread: Holster for a Beretta .40 SW

Post imported post

What is the best holster for my Beretta? Also for S&W 6906 9mm?

Post imported post

Hello Check out my holsters - I make them custom for you - I can make them the way you want them including IWB or outside....

Peaceholsters.com

Post imported post

SPEACE wrote:
    Hello Check out my holsters - I make them custom for you - I can make them the way you want them including IWB or outside....

Peaceholsters.com
    Can you do an SOB for a S&W M66 with a 3" barrel?

Post imported post

mchristepher wrote:
    What is the best holster for my Beretta? Also for S&W 6906 9mm?
    No disrespect to Speace -- his holsters look beautiful -- but for open carry, I'd go for something with level 2 or better retention security. That means at least a thumb break. Personally, I like the Serpa series of holsters from Blackhawk. They're secure, robust, and inexpensive. One of the disadvantages of open carry is that it does make you somewhat more of a target for a gun snatch. Before all the OC advocates start piling on -- it happens to police officers in the real world; that's why they use level 2 or level 3 holsters. I'm all in favor of OC, but I think you'd be well advised to take a lesson from the guys who OC all day every day. Yes, you'd have to be a ****ing nut to try to snatch a gun from an armed person, but there are some actual ****ing nuts running around out there!

Post imported post

Thank you for the reply, the holster shown is an IWB and is secure. It is not outside but hidden. If you are doing open carry, I can make it more secure. That is the great thing of having a custom built holster made specifically for your needs. Many people have enjoyed the holsters I make it with the heaviest leather possible so it makes for one hand re-holstering! I have made - especially the conceal carry. I have made them for men who ride motorcycles and the guns are secure and they have no problem with them. My husband is a retired Navy Shipman and would swear by them for his guns. Once again thank you.

Shannon - Peaceholsters.com

Post imported post

Apologies, ma'am...I didn't know your gender. For many years as a police officer, I carried a revolver in a belt holster secured with a thumb-break snap and I considered it secure enough for practical purposes. Of course you can add that to one of your holsters...duh...I typed before I thought. I like the Serpa quite a lot, but nothing is as elegant as real leather. The nice thing about a custom holster is that you can get exactly what you want. I have two custom holsters, both made for guns that have "special needs" and they are definitely the way to go if your budget will stand it.

Post imported post

Thank you sir - I enjoy making holsters. After my cancer diagnosis, I am attempting to get this business off the ground since I am not able to return to my previous job. Thank you for your dedication as a police officer, it is much appreciated!

Post imported post

Safariland ALS.

If they don't make one for your pistol, then carry a different pistol.

Post imported post

I carry a Taurus PT-100 .40S&W (A clone of theBerreta 96)and the holster is an Uncle Mike IWB #5. I works alright except when you walk alot the holster seems toride around so you are adjusting all the time.

I would like to find a hoster for outside the waist, black leatherwith either velcro or a snap for security and semi-high ride. The stores want and arm and a leg for a good one. Just do not have the funds at this time.

I am looking for another magazine for my Taurus. I have a magazine practically new for a Baby Eagle .40S&W double stack that I would be willing to trade.

If anyone is interested in the magazine contact me through my work email.

larry.hardt@va.gov

Post imported post

I can do a custom Taurus Black leather out of the waist band for you - or even a duel which can be worn either way. I do not work with velcro, but I use leather strapping - all the leather I use is 8-9 oz (extremely heavy and durable) I carry a Taurus 24/7 myself. Although I am thinking of buying the judge Well if you are interested please check out my website - (update in process - for more holsters I have recently made... I can send you pictures to your email if you would like. )

http://www.peaceholsters.com

Post imported post

Gpaw wrote:
    The stores want and arm and a leg for a good one. Just do not have the funds at this time.
    Is your life worth an arm and a leg?

this is why you don't want a cheap holster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

Post imported post

SPEACE wrote:
    Thank you sir - I enjoy making holsters. After my cancer diagnosis, I am attempting to get this business off the ground since I am not able to return to my previous job. Thank you for your dedication as a police officer, it is much appreciated!
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm not in law enforcement any more; I'm now a military doctor. I specialize in head injuries...as you may imagine, I have plenty of work!