Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72

Thread: As SCOTUS ruling looms on Chicago ban, one case defines gun law bankruptcy

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    As SCOTUS ruling looms on Chicago gun ban, one case defines gun control bankruptcy

    With a Supreme Court ruling anticipated within weeks that likely will strike down the Chicago handgun ban and incorporate the Second Amendment to affect state and local gun laws, an outrageous murder ]in the Windy City underscores what is wrong with the gun control philosophy...

    ...Published reports said the four thugs approached Wortham IV “with guns drawn.” That’s not supposed to happen in Chicago, with its handgun ban...

    ...The dead man...had served two years probation on a “reduced felony weapons charge” according to the Chicago Sun-Times.



    http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m5d26-As-SCOTUS-ruling-on-Chicago-gun-ban-looms-one-case-defines-gun-control-bankruptcy

    Or try this:

    http://tinyurl.com/393fyre

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666

    Post imported post

    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    Live Free or Die!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    G-Dawgs moves to the head of the class.



    :celebrate

  4. #4
    Regular Member Bobarino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    295

    Post imported post

    encouraging story:

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26...-home-invader/

    An 80-year-old Chicago man shot and killed an armed man who broke into his two-story house in a pre-dawn home invasion Wednesday on the city's West Side.
    At about 5:20 a.m., the homeowner and his wife, also in her 80s, discovered the intruder entering their home through a back door. The homeowner, who had a gun, confronted and killed the burglar on the doorstep, police said. Cops said the intruder also fired his gun during the struggle.
    "It's a good thing they had a gun, or they might be dead," said Curtis Thompson, who lives next door to the couple, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
    Neighbors described the elderly couple, who both walk with canes, as pillars of the community in Garfield Park, where home invasions have been all too frequent.
    Their neighbor, Shaquite Johnson, told MyFoxChicago that the two are "heroes" for fighting off the attacker — and that the shooting means there is "one less criminal" walking the streets.
    "They don't bother no one, so why would anyone do that to them?" she said.
    Relatives of the couple told the Sun Times that the man is an Army veteran, his wife a former nurse. Police said neither the man nor the woman was injured in the attack.
    The assailant, who was described by police as being in his 30s, was found slumped on the back doorstep of the couple's house, removed four hours after the shooting, the Sun Times reported.
    No charges have been filed against the homeowner, but Chicago currently has a statute outlawing the possession of handguns. Its legality is currently being decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.
    A high-profile Chicago attorney has already stepped forward offering to represent the man pro bono if he faces charges for possessing a weapon.
    "Self-defense isn't just a right, it's a duty," said attorney Joel Brodsky. "If this man is prosecuted for saving his own life it's not just a travesty, it's justice turned inside out."
    Click here for more on this story from MyFoxChicago.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  6. #6
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    What purpose is served by flagrantly insulting a majority of the voters in the whole country? Extract your head from your butt, WFL...
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    117

    Post imported post

    Bobarino wrote:
    encouraging story:
    Yes, it's good to see that folks are willing to help out the victims if they're prosecuted for any firearms violations. I hope they will be able to re-arm themselves.
    Hoplophobia is a social disease.

  8. #8
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    Aw come on, not so harsh, This was the first time they got caught, and it was after all "a big mistake,". Lukily by the grace of god she has extra kids, that she can hold onto so that she can just go on with life. And yes the reitired Officer should have known that these werekids, who opened fire and just killed his son.He should have shot them per protocal, pertaining to children committing armed robbery and murder. Let that be your thought "can you imagine yourself, sitting up there? Shooting the brains out of a young 20 year old child? (See POO, Not 18 but 20 is child ). Have to have pitty, she is raising those kids on her own, Not to mention it probably prevented her from going to Harvard. We have to be sure if we are defending ourselfs against 20 yearold children that we only shoot them in the legs or butt.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  9. #9
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    amzbrady wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    Aw come on, not so harsh, This was the first time they got caught, and it was after all "a big mistake,". Lukily by the grace of god she has extra kids, that she can hold onto so that she can just go on with life. And yes the reitired Officer should have known that these werekids, who opened fire and just killed his son.He should have shot them per protocal, pertaining to children committing armed robbery and murder. Let that be your thought "can you imagine yourself, sitting up there? Shooting the brains out of a young 20 year old child? (See POO, Not 18 but 20 is child ). Have to have pitty, she is raising those kids on her own, Not to mention it probably prevented her from going to Harvard. We have to be sure if we are defending ourselfs against 20 yearold children that we only shoot them in the legs or butt.
    If your kids kill my kids over a motorcycle, I will kill your kids.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  10. #10
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    killchain wrote:
    amzbrady wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    Aw come on, not so harsh, This was the first time they got caught, and it was after all "a big mistake,". Lukily by the grace of god she has extra kids, that she can hold onto so that she can just go on with life. And yes the reitired Officer should have known that these werekids, who opened fire and just killed his son.He should have shot them per protocal, pertaining to children committing armed robbery and murder. Let that be your thought "can you imagine yourself, sitting up there? Shooting the brains out of a young 20 year old child? (See POO, Not 18 but 20 is child ). Have to have pitty, she is raising those kids on her own, Not to mention it probably prevented her from going to Harvard. We have to be sure if we are defending ourselfs against 20 yearold children that we only shoot them in the legs or butt.
    If your kids kill my kids over a motorcycle, I will kill your kids.
    Thank you, that is justice as far as I am concerned. The courts should only be there to sentence the survivors. Unfortunatly, they make it possible for them to pick up where they left off in 5 to 10 years.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Bob Warden wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    What purpose is served by flagrantly insulting a majority of the voters in the whole country? Extract your head from your butt, WFL...
    I don't think so. Majority is stretching it, and I will bet anything he will be a one term president.

    But the comment wasout of place.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    What purpose is served by flagrantly insulting a majority of the voters in the whole country? Extract your head from your butt, WFL...
    I don't think so. Majority is stretching it, and I will bet anything he will be a one term president.

    But the comment wasout of place.
    53% of the popular vote is a majority. As for the future, I don't have a crystal ball.
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Bob Warden wrote:
    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    These are your average Obama voters.
    What purpose is served by flagrantly insulting a majority of the voters in the whole country? Extract your head from your butt, WFL...
    I don't think so. Majority is stretching it, and I will bet anything he will be a one term president.

    But the comment wasout of place.
    53% of the popular vote is a majority. As for the future, I don't have a crystal ball.
    Of those who voted, many don't vote because they don't like the choices. It often is a choice between two socialist. What percentage of the population voted in this last election, 30 ( can't remember but that is the usual amount)? So he was elected by 15% of the population?

    I wonder where all the outcry against insulting presidents were from 2000-08, I am not a Bush supporter but the duality and hypocrisy of the "democrats" drives me nuts.

    ....but for sake of argument who do you suppose those in this video voted for?

    WFL's...point might have been tactless but I would conjecture if you did a poll of all those in these situations the overwhelming popular vote among them would be for the folks currently running our government.


    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    THREAD HIJACK /|\





  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666

    Post imported post

    gogodawgs wrote:
    While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

    She was a product of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

    Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

    Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
    This is the culture that the city of Chicago breeds. There is no doubt that the anti gunners have been in charge of Chicago, the last time a Republcan was mayor in Chicago, 1927-1933. For decades the ruling class in Chicago of marginalized gun owners and their rights to defend themselves.

    Suppose Seattle was allowed to ban handguns in parks, then next year Seattle was allowed to ban handguns on city sidewalks, etc....

    In a few short years this video would be a Seattle resident and crime would explode....
    Live Free or Die!

  16. #16
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

    They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  17. #17
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

    They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
    Don't know where to begin to describe how full of crap you are! I voted for Obama and don't fit any of your mindless pulled out of your butt stereotypes above. Keep this forum to 2nd amendment issues, and leave your partisan BS somewhere else.
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  18. #18
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

    They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
    I have heard of the 1st Amendment, and it doesn't apply to postings in this forum!

    Plus I sent you a direct message you haven't responded to. Man up and keep your off topic comments in the direct message environment.


    My bad - I sent a DM to sudden valley gunner on this topic - I'll forward to you now.
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  19. #19
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Bob Warden wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

    They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
    Don't know where to begin to describe how full of crap you are! I voted for Obama and don't fit any of your mindless pulled out of your butt stereotypes above. Keep this forum to 2nd amendment issues, and leave your partisan BS somewhere else.
    Wake up idiot... we are in a political battle for our 2A rights of which your boy would like to see completely decimated (in spite of his outward lies). His votes in Illinois speak volumes and his vocal lies about supporting 2A rights can be summed up in one easy to digest sentence... "Bambi is a GD liar and a traitorous scumbag!!!" Thank you for voting in someone who hates the Constitution.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Bob Warden wrote:
    I have heard of the 1st Amendment, and it doesn't apply to postings in this forum!
    This is quite a claim! Are you prepared to pursue this legally?

    Without spoiling your case, do you think you could give us some indication as to exactly how government has infringed your ability to post on OCDO?

    I'd just love to know.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    I have heard of the 1st Amendment, and it doesn't apply to postings in this forum!
    This is quite a claim! Are you prepared to pursue this legally?

    Without spoiling your case, do you think you could give us some indication as to exactly how government has infringed your ability to post on OCDO?

    I'd just love to know.
    I assume you're not talking to me as we are not in disagreement. Free speech rights do not attach to postings in this forum. Simple.
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  22. #22
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

    They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
    Don't know where to begin to describe how full of crap you are! I voted for Obama and don't fit any of your mindless pulled out of your butt stereotypes above. Keep this forum to 2nd amendment issues, and leave your partisan BS somewhere else.
    Wake up idiot... we are in a political battle for our 2A rights of which your boy would like to see completely decimated (in spite of his outward lies). His votes in Illinois speak volumes and his vocal lies about supporting 2A rights can be summed up in one easy to digest sentence... "Bambi is a GD liar and a traitorous scumbag!!!" Thank you for voting in someone who hates the Constitution.
    Now I'm an idiot, and the POTUS is a traitorous lying scumbag who hates the Constitution. Tell me, what color is the sky in your paranoid delusional world?
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  23. #23
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    Bob Warden wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

    They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
    Don't know where to begin to describe how full of crap you are! I voted for Obama and don't fit any of your mindless pulled out of your butt stereotypes above. Keep this forum to 2nd amendment issues, and leave your partisan BS somewhere else.
    Wake up idiot... we are in a political battle for our 2A rights of which your boy would like to see completely decimated (in spite of his outward lies). His votes in Illinois speak volumes and his vocal lies about supporting 2A rights can be summed up in one easy to digest sentence... "Bambi is a GD liar and a traitorous scumbag!!!" Thank you for voting in someone who hates the Constitution.
    Now I'm an idiot, and the POTUS is a traitorous lying scumbag who hates the Constitution. Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?
    BOTH y'all, argue all you want but c'mon let's just keep it civil. But I'll still second WFL's remark. Yes, your obama IS a traitorous lying scumbag who hates the Constitution. You need look no further than the legislation and executive orders he's signed since he took office! I just can't possibly understand how someone who even insinuates they support the 2a & gun rights could EVER vote for that radical!
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    My point remains that the cause of mainstreaming the 2nd amendment is not furthered by lunatic fringe right-wing nut jobs spouting nonsense. I'm the one trying to keep the focus off partisan BS and on the 2nd amendment. But I won't let moronic nonsense go unchecked.
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Bob Warden wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    I have heard of the 1st Amendment, and it doesn't apply to postings in this forum!
    This is quite a claim! Are you prepared to pursue this legally?

    Without spoiling your case, do you think you could give us some indication as to exactly how government has infringed your ability to post on OCDO?

    I'd just love to know.
    I assume you're not talking to me as we are not in disagreement. Free speech rights do not attach to postings in this forum. Simple.
    No, I was talking to you, I just didn't take you comment in context, and thus misinterpreted it.

    It's my fault; for some reason I had in mind a few trolling members we've had lately who started crying that their first amendment rights were being violated on this forum.

    Truth be told, I've gotten so used to this forum having been overrun with blatantly and often mindlessly partisan "conservatism" (which was surprisingly absent up until the run-up to the Obama election), that I guess I assumed anybody here who voted for Obama must be such a troll.

    Which is unfortunate and ironic, as I am by no means myself a partisan, a conservative, or otherwise automatically biased against someone because they voted for any presidential candidate, none of whom I found at all preferable to the others (except for Bob Barr -- sort of).

    So, on that count, I apologize.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •