• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

As SCOTUS ruling looms on Chicago ban, one case defines gun law bankruptcy

Bob Warden

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
I have heard of the 1st Amendment, and it doesn't apply to postings in this forum!
This is quite a claim! Are you prepared to pursue this legally?

Without spoiling your case, do you think you could give us some indication as to exactly how government has infringed your ability to post on OCDO?

I'd just love to know.
I assume you're not talking to me as we are not in disagreement. Free speech rights do not attach to postings in this forum. Simple.

Bob Warden

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
Don't know where to begin to describe how full of crap you are! I voted for Obama and don't fit any of your mindless pulled out of your butt stereotypes above. Keep this forum to 2nd amendment issues, and leave your partisan BS somewhere else.
Wake up idiot... we are in a political battle for our 2A rights of which your boy would like to see completely decimated (in spite of his outward lies). His votes in Illinois speak volumes and his vocal lies about supporting 2A rights can be summed up in one easy to digest sentence... "Bambi is a GD liar and a traitorous scumbag!!!" Thank you for voting in someone who hates the Constitution.
Now I'm an idiot, and the POTUS is a traitorous lying scumbag who hates the Constitution. Tell me, what color is the sky in your paranoid delusional world?

Metalhead47

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
Most people who voted for Obama think guns are bad. Those who voted for Obama that HAVE guns likely think they should only be used for Hunting or defense of a person's home and have an aversion to people actually carrying a gun. Moreover, it could be shown that most Obama voters think that the government has a right to regulate guns in any way, shape or form... and that the second Amendment does NOT give average citizens the right to own "military" type weapons.

They are ignorant, they are closed minded, they are lazy and in many cases, because of the laziness, they are stupid. The actual % of legal voters in the US that voted for Bambi is less than 41%, and so not a majority... plus... I'll insult the majority of people any damn time I please... ever hear of the First Amendment???
Don't know where to begin to describe how full of crap you are! I voted for Obama and don't fit any of your mindless pulled out of your butt stereotypes above. Keep this forum to 2nd amendment issues, and leave your partisan BS somewhere else.
Wake up idiot... we are in a political battle for our 2A rights of which your boy would like to see completely decimated (in spite of his outward lies). His votes in Illinois speak volumes and his vocal lies about supporting 2A rights can be summed up in one easy to digest sentence... "Bambi is a GD liar and a traitorous scumbag!!!" Thank you for voting in someone who hates the Constitution.
Now I'm an idiot, and the POTUS is a traitorous lying scumbag who hates the Constitution. Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?
BOTH y'all, argue all you want but c'mon let's just keep it civil. But I'll still second WFL's remark. Yes, your obama IS a traitorous lying scumbag who hates the Constitution. You need look no further than the legislation and executive orders he's signed since he took office! I just can't possibly understand how someone who even insinuates they support the 2a & gun rights could EVER vote for that radical!

Bob Warden

imported post

My point remains that the cause of mainstreaming the 2nd amendment is not furthered by lunatic fringe right-wing nut jobs spouting nonsense. I'm the one trying to keep the focus off partisan BS and on the 2nd amendment. But I won't let moronic nonsense go unchecked.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
I have heard of the 1st Amendment, and it doesn't apply to postings in this forum!
This is quite a claim! Are you prepared to pursue this legally?

Without spoiling your case, do you think you could give us some indication as to exactly how government has infringed your ability to post on OCDO?

I'd just love to know.
I assume you're not talking to me as we are not in disagreement. Free speech rights do not attach to postings in this forum. Simple.
No, I was talking to you, I just didn't take you comment in context, and thus misinterpreted it.

It's my fault; for some reason I had in mind a few trolling members we've had lately who started crying that their first amendment rights were being violated on this forum.

Truth be told, I've gotten so used to this forum having been overrun with blatantly and often mindlessly partisan "conservatism" (which was surprisingly absent up until the run-up to the Obama election), that I guess I assumed anybody here who voted for Obama must be such a troll.

Which is unfortunate and ironic, as I am by no means myself a partisan, a conservative, or otherwise automatically biased against someone because they voted for any presidential candidate, none of whom I found at all preferable to the others (except for Bob Barr -- sort of).

So, on that count, I apologize.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
My point remains that the cause of mainstreaming the 2nd amendment is not furthered by lunatic fringe right-wing nut jobs spouting nonsense. I'm the one trying to keep the focus off partisan BS and on the 2nd amendment. But I won't let moronic nonsense go unchecked.
See, now this I agree with completely, although I will point out that you're not going to get far convincing, well, the actual people you're trying to convince, by insulting them as "moronic" and "lunatic" nonsense-spouting "nut jobs".

Now, with that said, I'm inclined to agree with your epithets. :p

Bob Warden

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
See, now this I agree with completely, although I will point out that you're not going to get far convincing, well, the actual people you're trying to convince, by insulting them as "moronic" and "lunatic" nonsense-spouting "nut jobs".

I started out civil, but I'll fight fire with fire! There's no convincing them anyway. I just wish people would stay on the 2am topic and just agree to shut up on everything else!

Metalhead47

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:

I started out civil, but I'll fight fire with fire! There's no convincing them anyway. I just wish people would stay on the 2am topic and just agree to shut up on everything else!
When you have a forum like this with people who, by nature, have very very strong opinions and like to argue, you're going to get these tangents. And I for one (usually) find them amusing & educational. You say there's no convincing "them," well "they" could say the same about you. And I'll take right-wing "radicals" like WFL, who just want to leave me alone, any day over the left-wing radicals like your BO who want to regulate every little aspect of my life!

Bob Warden

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:

When you have a forum like this with people who, by nature, have very very strong opinions and like to argue, you're going to get these tangents.  And I for one (usually) find them amusing & educational.  You say there's no convincing "them," well "they" could say the same about you.  And I'll take right-wing "radicals" like WFL, who just want to leave me alone, any day over the left-wing radicals like your BO who want to regulate every little aspect of my life!
AGAIN, I'm the one who tried to keep us on 2am topic. I didn't start insulting people or talking partisanship. Can we agree to try and productively further 2am rights, and shut up on the stuff that divides us?

Bob Warden

imported post

Reminder, from our forum's basic rules:

This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially to this agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom and liberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
Reminder, from our forum's basic rules:

This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially to this agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom and liberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!
Piss off Bob... you're the moron who voted for Bambi.... and his politics.. and your politics DIRECTLY AFFECT OUR 2A RIGHTS.... how STUPID are YOU??? Liberals are ALWAYS working to take away 2A rights... no matter the lies they spout.... their "REASONABLE" Regulations are just stepping stones to making it impractical to keep or bear arms.... look at EVERY DAMN LIBERAL CITY AND STATE!!!! Do you Think Illinois is some sort of anomaly??

Bambi is a traitor to the Constitution because he lied when he took the oath... but then... so did George W.... when will YOU GD PARTISAN IDIOTS wake up and realize that people like me are the only ones who will ACTUALLY stand up to fight for your inalienable rights??? We don't want to take your rights or regulate your behavior... we just want to be left the hell alone!!!

THE POTUS is just a man... and a scumbag of a man to boot.... And any man like him who holds the US Constitution in contempt is not my fellow American... but an impostor... a usurper.... a liar who claims to love Liberty, while giving the order to snatch more of it from us every day.

Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate "assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.

Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.

He has called for a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.

And he wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban on commonly owned semi-automatic firearms.

Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.

Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.

Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws and interstate reciprocity.

Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”

Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of any school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

He isn't going to take a direct route and come out and announce he's taking away our 2A rights... he'll just make all other laws, regulations and codes that will make gun ownership impossible for anyone who isn't a millionaire.

1. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 219, July 29, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00
219)
2. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996. The responses on this survey were described in “Obama had
greater role on liberal survey,” Politico, March 31, 2008. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9269.html)
3. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 217, Kennedy amendment July 29, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&
session=1&vote=00217)
4. David Wright, Ursula Fahy and Sunlen Miller, “Obama: `Common Sense Regulation` On Gun Owners` Rights,” ABC News` “Political Radar” Blog, http://blogs.abcnews.com,
2/15/08. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/02/obama-common-se.html)
5. Illinois Senate, SB 2165, March 25, 2004, vote 20 and May 25, 2004, vote 3.
6. “Fact Check: No News In Obama`s Consistent Record.” Obama ’08, December 11, 2007. (http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/12/11/fact_check_no_news_in_
obamas_c.php)
7. “Candidates` gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Wednesday, April 2, 2008, and “Keyes, Obama Are Far Apart On Guns,” Chicago Tribune,
9/15/04. (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_560181.html)
8. 1998 Joyce Foundation Annual Report, p. 7. (http://www.joycefdn.org/pdf/98_AnnualReport.pdf)
9. “Obama and Gun Control,” The Volokh Conspiracy, taken from the Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999. (http://www.volokh.com/posts/1203389334.shtml)

Tomas

imported post

"Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's livingroom or office, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet.

From the owner:
"This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially to this agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom and liberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!"

Bob Warden

imported post

Tomas wrote:
"Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's livingroom or office, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet.

From the owner:
"This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially to this agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom and liberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!"
Thanks for the back-up.

Machoduck

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:

You're getting pretty officious there, Warden. Are you the new arbiter of rules?

MD

Bob Warden

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:

You're getting pretty officious there, Warden.  Are you the new arbiter of rules? 

MD 
All responsible members should work to enforce the rules of the bulletin board. Those who don't want to follow the rules should not use the board. Is that controversial to you?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks!

Hmmmm....

Please police your own posts......

Bob Warden

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
NOTE:  This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry, firearms and gun rights.  Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed.  If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it.  Thanks!

Hmmmm....

+1!

amlevin

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

She was a product of the Chicago education system...

Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
These are your average Obama voters.
Have you noticed that Obama doesn't want to live anywhere near them even though they are his "constituents"?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amlevin wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
While watching the video of the mother talking about her thugs I thought about....

She was a product of the Chicago education system...

Her thugs were part of the Chicago education system...

Her thugs were part of the Chicago 'gun free' program.....

Looks like an education in Chicago and 'Gun Thugary' go hand in hand...
These are your average Obama voters.
Have you noticed that Obama doesn't want to live anywhere near them even though they are his "constituents"?
No, he was the Senator of the whole state. Does Sen. Murray not want to live near her constituents in Spokane? Quit. What I have noticed is that afterthree decades of gun control in Chicago whereby only the Police and Criminals have guns, we have one of the highest crime rates in the nation. This is a great microcosm of how gun control does not work.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks!

Hmmmm....

So we just ignore the 800 pound gorilla in the room then eh? They come up with some lame excuse that "Look, he voted to allow guns in parks" without ever explaining how that amendment ACTUALLY got added and why he did not want to veto the whole bill.

Many Obama voters like Bob might have been willingly ignorant during the 2008 election because they felt that Bush and any Bush-lite clone was worse than Obama... but now, 2 years later, knowing the man's voting record in Illinois and knowing the treaties he wants to sign and has already agreed to, and knowing his Attorney General's record not to mention the ideals on 2A rights his SCOTUS nominees have.... and they STILL DEFEND HIM??? This means they are stupid OR... they really don't support the 2A and they're just here as provocateurs.

Our Liberty... our 2A rights are in jeopardy, and in spite of some good decisions as of late coming from the SCOTUS... the back door is not yet secure... with Hillary Clinton signing the UN Small Arms Treaty... and then there is mayors against illegal guns... and many other partial international groups all bent on taking away our gun rights... and all of them finding a home in the Democrat party... I won't give them a break... would you be nice to the people who voted for you and your family to be enslaved??? This IS what they vote for... and they hide behind ignorance of what their policies require?

Bob can go to hell for all I care... grow a pair Bob... stop being such a little girl. Take off the dress and be a man.