• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This should add some fuel to the anti-gun Chicago case...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

80-Year-Old Chicago Man Kills Armed Home Invader (updated 5-26-10)

Excerpt:

"No charges have been filed against the homeowner, but Chicago currently has a statute outlawing the possession of handguns. Its legality is currently being decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

A high-profile Chicago attorney has already stepped forward offering to represent the man pro bono if he faces charges for possessing a weapon.

"Self defense isn't just a right, it's a duty," said attorney Joel Brodsky. "If this man is prosecuted for saving his own life it's not just a travesty, it's justice turned inside out."

-- http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26/year-old-chicago-man-kills-armed-home-invader/

-- John D.

...but justice has been "turned inside out" for DECADES in America.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

Daley is gonna LOSE HIS MIND!!!! I can see it now......

"WHAT???....A REGULAR CITIZEN WAS IN POSSESSION OF A GUN IN HIS HOME??? ARREST HIM...NOW!!!! I DON'T CARE THAT HE SHOT AND KILLED AN INTRUDER, HE'S BREAKING THE LAW!!!!"

junglebob

imported post

Uber_Olafsun wrote:
Oh Supreme Court can you give us a decision on that little case before you and peoples rights????
Decision is supposed to be coming in June. Daley says guns arent the answer. His answer is to call 911 when someone shoots at you, I guess. Unless of course it was someone shooting at him, then guns would be the answer.

XDUser

imported post

Another topic I became aware of after seeing a video posted on liveleak's website
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d79_1274936383

It is interesting to read about the laws in the various states and even cities across the country and also to see how people react to situations such as this.