• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI State Rep John Murtha

countrymama

imported post

I just wanted to post this as an aid for this fall's election for this area. The Ryan in this email is a direct friend of mine that I've known since high school. Just wanted to let you know that so thatyou know this isn't a stripped down foward of a forward of a forward that has no credibility.

Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:39 PM
To: Rep.Murtha
Subject: fall election

Mr. Murtha,

I would like to know if you would support a conceal/carry firearms bill in the State of Wisconsin. I live in New Richmond and am moving to Glenwood City in mid July.

Thanks, Ryan
Ryan Luepke

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:53 PM
To: Luepke, Ryan
Subject: RE: fall election

Ryan,

Thank you for bringing your question to my attention. I am always pleased to hear from and respond to my constituents.

To answer your question; yes, I would support the passage and implementation of the conceal/carry firearms bill. In fact, I was a co-sponsor of the last conceal/carry proposal authored by my colleague Representative Scott Gunderson (R-Waterford) during the 2007-2008 Legislative Session. Both Representative Gunderson and I were planning on pursuing this matter during this past legislative session, but we both agreed that due to the make-up of the legislature, with Democrats in the majority of both houses and occupying the Governor’s office, we would wait for a better time to pursue the proposal again.

It is my intention once again to pursue this issue during the next legislative session. My colleagues and I will determine if the political atmosphere is right for us to pursue such a hot button issue, but be assured that I will continue to keep this issue at the forefront of our agenda and will always stand-up for our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Again I thank you for bringing your question to my attention. If you should have any further questions or comments regarding this or any other state government issues, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is a pleasure serving you in State Assembly.

Best wishes,
John Murtha
State Representative
29th Assembly District

Fireball357

imported post

John will be at a "Meet the Candidates" night on Tuesday June 1[suP]st[/suP] @ 7:00 in Baldwin at The Orchard Bar and Grill. The owner will grant O.C. under 941.237(2)(3)(g);

P.M. me for details if you plan on OCing there so I can get permission slips signed ahead of time.

Come and hear it from him for yourself; and get any other of you questions answered.

We will educate him and others on our desire to adopt an Alaska/Arizona style statute.