• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Helena's code

sraacke

imported post

La Shooting Association President Dan Dzelenka had read this thread and offered some suggestions. I have also emailed NRA legislative liaison Chris Rager who is in town for the legislative session. I hope to hear from him soon.Dan gave me his email. Thanks Dan.

Time is short. Tuesday night will be here soon. We have lots to do and not much time. We need productive and constructive ideas. Talk of armed marches and such nonproductive activities does nothing to advance our causes. Others are reading this thread and are basing their opinions of us and their decisions to stand with us based on what they read here.

If you are not familiar with the La Shooting Association I urge you to take a look and consider joining. Dan has done lots of work turning the LSA into a first rate progun state level gun rights group. https://www.louisianashooting.com/.

imported post

La. shooting assn, gee, bet there's a ton of lifetime NRA members THERE !!

Chris Rager? LOL...........

What's the big deal? The state constitution already guarantees the right (not privilege) to OC. What else IS there to discuss?
From where I sit, being hassled/violated by LEO's is the prime concern. Darn, one good OC attorney would squash that.

Just exactly how do you define "cause?"
What a shame nobody here is openminded enough to LEARN FROM OTHERS.

Revolver_Ocelot

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
From where I sit, being hassled/violated by LEO's is the prime concern. Darn, one good OC attorney would squash that.

Just exactly how do you define "cause?"
What a shame nobody here is openminded enough to LEARN FROM OTHERS.
From where you SIT is exactly right.

We do learn from others, here and elsewhere. We just make a point of not making the mistake of trying to learn from YOU.

And that just hacks ya don't it......? :lol:

AmosMoses

imported post

My Internet service has been totally down past several days. Absolutely FIGHTING tooth and nail with my IPhone for sole access... Which is bad at best out here in sticks. Spoke to one juror... Sounds prmosing...very promising in fact if I/we/someone can explain it to them. They were nearly all wling for narrow changes applicBle to them ( rabbit hunter wanted to carve exception for hunters but no "assault weapons" ( I kid you not...that's no BS!!!). Sixth district rep is all for it and others are not railing against iit

I hope this isok to do - I am posting my phone no here as I can't get any info by Internet. This post hAs literally taken me oveer twenty minutez to do from time I got online to here!! And I h e yet to even see the new posts of the past few days!!

Anyway, I sawvagenda and we are FIRST UP!! I hope some other(s) can make it...if so please note our position on the Genda and do your best to be there by a little before six!!

Please call me for any info you need, and, if you plan to come I'd even appreciate a heads up call! if posting phone nos is A nono, I apologize Nd hope it's ok for this situation and I'll remove it after today:

985-514-3464

if this message is confusing I apologi3. This spell check feature keeps changing things "for me"

DZelenka

imported post

when's that armed march in Greensburg?
Mark, actions such as what you suggest are counterproductive and harm rather than help gun owners. I know that you wrap yourself in La. Const. Art I, Section 11 like it is some sort of armor against state action on guns, but it doesn't work that way. The state constitution can be amended quite easily. In 2006 a long standing property rights provision was amended to reduce the amount landowners would be paid for their property if it is taken for hurricane protection purposes. The change occurs in Art. !, Sec. 4 G and it changes compensation from "the full extent of the landowner's loss" to "no more than what would be recoverable under the US Const. 5th Amendment." This could be a really big difference. If the citizens of the state will mess with property rights, they will mess with gun rights. All you need to do is give them a reason to do it. You and your actions which involve deliberate confrontations are going to provide the reason sooner or later. Watch out for scaring the soccer moms. They vote. Also, be careful about making a pest of yourself to business owners. Their property rights will override your gun rights. They also vote AND they give money to support legislators. You want them on your side or at least neutral.

A word of advice for anyone who open carries (concealed carriers also) - be exemplary citizens. Respect the rights of property owners. Just go about your business in an unobtrusive manner. Learn the laws that relate to firearms possession and carrying so that you are knowledgeable enough to discuss them. Learn to have a discussion in a non-confrontational manner and learn when further discussion will be to no avail. If you are confronted by a worker, ask to see the manager, then ask the manager for the corporate policy. If they persist in requesting that you leave, do so. Write the company to get a definitive statement on corporate policy or, better yet, express your disapproval by shopping elsewhere.

Gun owners are winning the fight pretty much nationwide. We have more support than ever before. It is because people are seeing that we are right on the facts. Don't give us a black eye by doing something stupid like upsetting those who are currently neutral on the issue. Educating them about guns and gun rights is excellent. Shoving it down their throat is not. They will be turned off an become and anti rather than a pro or neutral in the fight.

I have been long winded and preachy enough. The only other thing I want to say is join NRA. It may not be perfect, but it is a very large and united voice. There is strength in numbers. Also join the Louisiana Shooting Association. LSA is the statewide voice of gun owners. We are a growing and active association in the Louisiana gun rights arena.

Dan

imported post

And there you have it, folks, straight from the mouth of a member of the bar, an officer of the court. "Amended quite easily?" Really? Without a constitutional convention, the LEGISLATURE can alter the state constitution?
You have no "rights," merely the APPEARANCE of rights. Anything the legislature wants, it gets. Get ready for what history clearly teaches IS coming.

"Be exemplary citizens." Code words for kiss arse, your rights be damned. Sounds just like my mom, world's worst at not standing up for their rights.

"Join the NRA." LOL, somehow I just KNEW that was coming. THAT, right there, sums it up. Don't dare stand up for your rights, continue the NRA (negotiate rights away) approach of compromising your rights away. Gee, why didn't I think of that?

NRA? Gun rights? Just too funny for words.

DZelenka

imported post

"Amended quite easily?" Really? Without a constitutional convention, the LEGISLATURE can alter the state constitution?
Yes it can be amended without a constitutional convention. If you do not recognize that fact, you must not vote because there is a constitutional amendment on almost every ballot these days.

Also, you poo poo proven effective methods of advancing gun rights. Perhaps you might educate me on what you have accomplished for gun owners as a group. Let us see how effective your methods have been.

imported post

"Effective methods of advancing gun rights?" Just about EVERY piece of federal gun control has the NRA's fingerprints all over it. Don't even go there.

Here in Louisiana, we already HAVE the right to bear arms. The ONLY, ONLY, ONLY thing left to do is EXERCISE that right so often, by so many, it becomes a common sight.

Hiding in your homes and Shoney's is NOT going to accomplish that.

Gun march in Greensburg, anyone?

4angrybadgers

imported post

And there you have it, folks, straight from the mouth of a member of the bar, an officer of the court. "Amended quite easily?" Really? Without a constitutional convention, the LEGISLATURE can alter the state constitution?
You have no "rights," merely the APPEARANCE of rights. Anything the legislature wants, it gets. Get ready for what history clearly teaches IS coming.
Have you even read Article 13, Section 1 of the Louisiana Constitution?:quirky http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=206363

Dan said nothing about the legislature altering it solely by themselves. He said it is "amended quite easily", and if you bothered to shut the hell up and read the state Constitution, you'd find it doesn't require a convention. It's proposed to the legislature, and if 2/3 concur, it's publicized and then voted on by the general public during normal elections, and there is a provision for special elections for amendments.

As my dad says, "Don't shoot your mouth off 'til your brain is loaded."

DZelenka

imported post

"Effective methods of advancing gun rights?" Just about EVERY piece of federal gun control has the NRA's fingerprints all over it. Don't even go there.

Here in Louisiana, we already HAVE the right to bear arms. The ONLY, ONLY, ONLY thing left to do is EXERCISE that right so often, by so many, it becomes a common sight.

Hiding in your homes and Shoney's is NOT going to accomplish that.

Gun march in Greensburg, anyone?
Mark,

You are probably more dangerous to gun rights than the Brady organization. You should really try to focus your great energy in a positive direction.

I asked you to state what you have accomplished for gun rights and gun owners, but you declined to reply. Just to be fair, how about I go first? This list is illustrative, not exhaustive, but I think you will get the picture.

I assisted in the drafting of the following statutes:

La. R.S. 9:2800.60 exempting manufacturers and sellers of firearms from liability;
La. R.S. 40:1799 creating preemption of state law for filing suit against manufacturers and sellers, etc.;
La. R.S. 14:329.6(H) and La. R.S. 29:738, relative to the powers of the governor and local governmental officials during times of emergency or disaster; to provide that those powers do not authorize the seizure or confiscation of a firearm, weapon, or ammunition from any individual if the firearm, weapon, or ammunition is being possessed or used lawfully; and
La. R.S. 56:116.1(B)(3) relative to removing the prohibition of electronic sights for hunting.

For the present legislative session, I assisted the drafting of SB81 and HB556 relating to exempting CHP holders from the 1000’ school zone prohibition.

I was also consulted with respect to SB534 relating to state park carry (helped add the WMA provision) as well as nearly all of the other firearms related bills this session.

I have testified in front of both the House and Senate on several occasions in support of gun rights

I worked with the attorneys for the state associations in drafting and editing the writ applications and briefs on the merits in D.C. v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago.

I direct the state junior highpower rifle shooting program, including financing it through grants and fund-raising. I also coach and mentor young shooters.

And I am the president of the Louisiana Shooting Association and in my first 15 months have increased membership in Louisiana by 300%.

I am on the front lines of the pro gun fight every day in a positive way that yields tangible results. I don't kiss arse; and I don't compromise our rights away. You should join the effort rather than just trying to be a thorn in people's sides

LA Confederate

imported post

Mark, I for one want to thank you for your posts here. I want to thank you for showing us and the rest of the internet world what a colossal douche you are, and proving once again that not only can you not grasp basic reading comprehension, you also do not possess the capacity to think outside of the box and outside of your own twisted little world.

You are a shining example to the rest of us of what not to be in a gun rights proponent.

imported post

Dan,
If you're "on the front lines," then leading an armed march should be simple for someone of your many accomplishments.

The bottom line is all of ya'll are cowards, plain and simple. You'd rather invest your entire lives into trying to schmooze everyone into liking you, so you don't have to finally stand up to the "soccer moms" and DEMAND your rights be respected.
You cannot put off The Great Day of Reckoning, it's going to steamroll right over you.

When do we march on Greensburg?

LA Confederate

imported post

Mark your rabid desire for a 2-way firing range is pathetic and you should really consider counseling. Anyone who has ever had rounds fired at them in anger knows that is the absolute last resort and even then it's a piss poor idea. Of course your actions here, or should I say inaction, will lead many to assume that you will be on the sidelines bitching about those actually doing the fighting and dying that you championed.

You make me sick.

DZelenka

imported post

Dan,
If you're "on the front lines," then leading an armed march should be simple for someone of your many accomplishments.

The bottom line is all of ya'll are cowards, plain and simple. You'd rather invest your entire lives into trying to schmooze everyone into liking you, so you don't have to finally stand up to the "soccer moms" and DEMAND your rights be respected.
You cannot put off The Great Day of Reckoning, it's going to steamroll right over you.

When do we march on Greensburg?
Why "lead a march" and make both a spectacle of your self and enemies in the process when you can sit down with the powers that be, discuss the matter in a rational manner and convince them that changing their outdated ordinance is the right thing to do? You get to look like a hero rather than a trouble maker. You also show that gun owners are the rational parties to this debate and get to paint the anti gunners as emotional Chicken Littles. Don't give the antis the chance to paint you as an unstable and irrational person with a gun. I promise they will do so to every gun owner's detriment.

Far better to convert a soccer mom into a gun owner than a Brady member. But then I am logical that way.