• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Printing"

Mo

Banned
imported post

I'm going to go through the CCW training next month. The handguns I own are small in size. The problem is that I'm fairly thin with a 30 inch waistline, so even a smaller gun would be rather difficult to conceal in the warmer months without any visible "printing".

I know the OC is legal, but what about this instace? Is concealed, but printing illegal??

You guys seem to be pretty well versed on the rules and definitions. I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Mo

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Printing the shape of a firearm is not illegal for a CCW holder here in the state of Missouri. Though it is other states. The only exception I know is if it is done in a threatening manner.

Doc

silo

imported post

So he said. Personally, I don't are if I'm printing. So far I haven't seen anyone even notice when I'm printing, including my own wife.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I often carry a 5" springer 1911 in a tuckable holster and have never been "made" even by CCW friends. I even recently had one of those friends whom lkely has a 32 waste stand trying not to laugh as a security guard explicitly explained how he could ALWAYS tell when someone was "packin heat" while in fact talking to a man with a springer 1911 microcompact on his hip.

Printing is not the issue it once was and in reality, many would think it a diabetic insulin pump probably.

MK

imported post

Laws against printing don't make sense to me. Do they also charge men who swim in speedos at the public pool with indecent exposure? That's a form of printing as well.

Superlite27

imported post

MK wrote:
Laws against printing don't make sense to me. Do they also charge men who swim in speedos at the public pool with indecent exposure? That's a form of printing as well.

Not for me.

As far as printing with a firearm here in MO, it's not a problem. The majority of MO is OC friendly, therefore, printing is irrellevant. You could go shirtless and you couldn't get arrested for "printing" as OC is legal.

I have failed to see anything regarding "printing" in areas that do forbid OC. Therefore, if you are not purposefully OC'ing, I'm sure the only thing a prosecuting attorney could bring charges on would be if he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were not concealing.

Therefore, I would hazard a guess that if your firearm were to be considered "reasonably concealed", you would be fine.

In my opinion, the simple act of wearing a shirt over it would make it "reasonably concealed". If someone happens to see it, or youare "printing", or it comes into view while reaching for an item on a high grocery store shelf......I would think a prosecutor would have a heckuva hard time convincing a jury that you weren't wearing it in a manner that kept it "reasonably concealed" if you had an untucked shirt simply covering it up.

BTW: Whenever I do conceal, it's usually a1911 in an OWB under a T-shirt. I've NEVER had a problem anywhere, and I print like a BIG-DOG as I hate baggy T-shirts.

Mo

Banned
imported post

MK wrote:
Do they also charge men who swim in speedos at the public pool with indecent exposure?

They should.... :lol::shock:

Mo

Banned
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:

Not for me.

As far as printing with a firearm here in MO, it's not a problem. The majority of MO is OC friendly, therefore, printing is irrellevant. You could go shirtless and you couldn't get arrested for "printing" as OC is legal.

I have failed to see anything regarding "printing" in areas that do forbid OC. Therefore, if you are not purposefully OC'ing, I'm sure the only thing a prosecuting attorney could bring charges on would be if he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were not concealing.

Therefore, I would hazard a guess that if your firearm were to be considered "reasonably concealed", you would be fine.

In my opinion, the simple act of wearing a shirt over it would make it "reasonably concealed". If someone happens to see it, or youare "printing", or it comes into view while reaching for an item on a high grocery store shelf......I would think a prosecutor would have a heckuva hard time convincing a jury that you weren't wearing it in a manner that kept it "reasonably concealed" if you had an untucked shirt simply covering it up.

BTW: Whenever I do conceal, it's usually a1911 in an OWB under a T-shirt. I've NEVER had a problem anywhere, and I print like a BIG-DOG as I hate baggy T-shirts.
Thanks to all who chimed in. That pretty much answered myquestion. In the wintertime it would be no problem to have a revolver under a fleece pullover or aloose sweater or something like that. But if I'm just wearing a light jacket and had it buttoned in the front, the gun would print. If it were unbuttoned, it would not really print but may come into view with a quick turn or anything else that would shift the garment. Not a problem with my Ruger LCP, but maybe an issue with my .38 Snubnose.