• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Close encounter of the uneventful kind

OCinCT

imported post

I left my significant others house today and apparently set the alarm without checking the security of a rear deck door. She called to advise me that PD had been dispatched. I returned to her residence to find a patrol unit parked in her driveway. I parked on the street instead of blocking the unit, and opened the garage door with my remote. I exited my vehicle and proceeded to wait at the patrol unit for the officers return. He returned to his vehicle and asked me for ID and my purpose for being there. I advised him that it is my SOs home and that I am a keyholder. He advised me that there was an unsecured door at the rear of the residence. There was a contractor on site today cleaning rugs I advised, and I probably did not secure the door properly. He insisted on "clearing" the home. I entered with him and deactivated the alarm system. He went through the structure, hand on weapon, room by room. I stayed in one position at the bottom of the stairs so as not to have him think there were persons running around the house. He actually told me that there was probably no entry made by an actor because there is a 20 dollar bill sitting on a nightstand in the upstairs bedroom. He appeared to be very observant. He was satisfied and had my pedigree. I thanked him for his reponse, and he left.

I was obviously open carrying my weapon, and he made no comment or inquiry.

Just a report from the field.

NickNt

imported post

Where in CT tho?

OCinCT wrote:
I left my significant others house today and apparently set the alarm without checking the security of a rear deck door. She called to advise me that PD had been dispatched. I returned to her residence to find a patrol unit parked in in her driveway. I parked on the street instead of blocking the unit, and opened the garage door with my remote. I exited my vehicle and proceeded to wait at the patrol unit for the officers return. He returned to his vehicle and asked me for ID and my purpose for being there. I advised him that it is my SOs home and that I am a keyholder. He advised me that there was an unsecured door at the rear of the residence. There was a contractor on site today cleaning rugs I advised, and I probably did not secure the door properly. He insisted on "clearing" the home. I entered with him and deactivated the alarm system. He went through the structure, hand on weapon, room by room. I stayed in one position at the bottom of the stairs so as not to have him think there were persons running around the house. He actually told me that there was probably no entry made by an actor because there is a 20 dollar bill sitting on a nightstand in the upstairs bedroom. He appeared to be very observant. He was satisfied and had my pedigree. I thanked him for his reponse, and he left.

I was obviously open carrying my weapon, and he made no comment or inquiry.

Just a report from the field.