• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll on unity or division in our group

Overall are we more united than divided?

• Yes, most of the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes, but it varies by topic.

• No, most of the time we have members bickering.

• Total voters

sevenplusone

imported post

Seriously now....

I think this is one of the more unified 2A rights organizations out there.

The only reason some of the bickering and arguments go on is because you are dealing with a group of passionate people who are passionate about their 2A rights. If they were not passionate they would let others do the work for them and just conceal their firearm, vote once a year,and call it a day. This group is not that way. They see something for how it is, compare that to how it should be and how they want it to be, and then try to change it. That is ultimately what brings us together is that we have a common goal. While we may sometimes disagree on the means to that end it is not because we dislike the other person or legitimately take issue with their stance, it's because we ourselves are just as passionate as they are.

When issues come up, we come together. That is the bottom line.

Defining the group is slightly more difficult and I will not even try to do that. I know what it is and means to me, but my answer may very well be different from yours.

Slave

imported post

I agree that there is a lot of fighitng around here, I know I diagree with most of the political Obama bashing that crops up.

One other thing I noticed, when help is needed, these people band together quit and put up and shut up.

In the end, on these boards fighting, in real life, it's all support.

Love it here.

Master Control

imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
CoonDog wrote:
This poll is exceedingly vague. Who is "we", and on which topic are you querying the level of perceived unity?
Well we are in an OC forum, so I guess "we" would be OCers ;).

The point was to get more people here thinking before they reply to others & if a conversation can't be civil take it off the board and go to PM's. Make any more sense now Dog? There are many watching this board just looking for something to use against the OC movement :?! Sadly we all too often provide it for them. :cry:

IMHO.

- G9mmOS
DITTO: There are many watching this board just looking for something to use against the OC movement :?! Sadly we all too often provide it for them. :cry:

DanM

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
taxwhat - is this just a random thought or are you implying something there?:question: I bring it up do to the use of quoted text.
Thought :Good or bad = just a doll = Pepito bismol doll = role model = When I grow up I want to LOOK just like her ?

Thanks for clarifying, taxwhat.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

People keep attacking people here over their veiws, politics, opinions, ways, and anything else they can think of. One slight misstep, spelling error, or idea that somebody might not like or agree with, and the person is internet fodder. I thought we were supposed to be on the same side here, but personally I am losing interest in this place as a whole, and am thinking about just doing this whole OC thing on my own.

fozzy71

imported post

No-U.jpg

PT111

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
People keep attacking people here over their veiws, politics, opinions, ways, and anything else they can think of.
I don't think that is as much this board as society in general any more. People seem to look for reasons to attack each other and sometime not very nicely.
One slight misstep, spelling error, or idea that somebody might not like or agree with, and the person is internet fodder.
That is what really gets me that sometimes a typo leads to an all out thead hijack with name calling and everything else. It doesn't take much to get it started.
I thought we were supposed to be on the same side here, but personally I am losing interest in this place as a whole, and am thinking about just doing this whole OC thing on my own.
I have learned a lot from this board but I don't know that all of it is good. Most are on the same side but where on the side is not so clear. Unfortunately here in SC I can't do much OC except on my farm or while hunting and fishing. Otherwise I have to CC which to some on here is almost worse than death and should never be attempted. :p One thing that does disturb me is there are some on here that whether actual or not sure give the impression that rather than worrying about a reason to have to use their gun are looking for an excuse to be able to use their gun. Remember that if you go on your own you will be protecting yourself. If you join with others you may be protecting everyone.

WARCHILD

imported post

They know Stainless.... just don't care. That's why I post as little as possible anymore. Not a whole lot of new info on here and that adds to the bickering due to boredom and lack of respect for themselves or others. Not to mention there are some on here who's life seems to revolve around finding something to argue about.

JMO

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
They know Stainless.... just don't care. That's why I post as little as possible anymore. Not a whole lot of new info on here and that adds to the bickering due to boredom and lack of respect for themselves or others. Not to mention there are some on here who's life seems to revolve around finding something to argue about.

JMO
I agree. Thank you for putting this so well.

taxwhat

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

JMO
I agree. Thank you for putting this so well.
Pray there is still Hope some will Educate !

WARCHILD

imported post

There are, and we still need to concentrate on the new people to maintain our basic reasoning of this group... inform and educate.

We have come far here in Michigan over just the last two years. Look at the wealth of information that has been compiled and made available to those who are looking for it. It's understandable to be somewhat frustrated for subjects to discuss, especially when so much HAS been learned, discussed, debated, and posted. It tends to leave a hole in the "want for knowledge" within our growing group. We need to maintain focus and continue watch for information that needs to be made available to all.

Our experiences thread is a very good place to discover what steps may need to be taken via different interactions across the state. Over 250+ plus pages of information, confrontation, legislation, and litigation. We are making a difference and time will show the fruits of so many people's very hard work.

JMO

DanM

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
People keep attacking people here over their veiws, politics, opinions, ways, and anything else they can think of.

This is true everywhere people publicly discuss things. There's always some who throw in non-relevant chatter. You just have to become able to ignore it. Stay participating on this website, because the good of it far outweighs the bad. There's always new folks here who need questions answered, confidence built up, or the benefit of knowledge of our experiences.

All that being said, relevant criticism of others' words or actions is a correct activity. One has to not only be willing to offer relevant criticism, but take it as well. And the way it is expressed, while it should avoid an ad hominem tone, can't always be tied up pretty with a pink bow. One must learn to separate the wheat from the chaff when reading others' responses. Separate the relevant content from how it is superficially expressed, and merely respond to the relevant content. If there's no relevant content, ignore it.