• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Biggs in Florence is not OC Friendly

901-Memphis

imported post

I was approached late this evening while shopping at Biggs by the security detail and asked to put my firearm in my vehicle because some of the cashiers were scared.

Just a heads up they will be closing in a month or so and opening as a Remkes but they will have the same security so they are not OC friendly.

The guy was nice about it he was an ex marine who served starting in 71 and i talked to him for a few minutes once he walked me out to the front but he sure was a lot nicer than the dick at the Florence Mall.

hotrod

imported post

901-Memphis wrote:
I was approached late this evening while shopping at Biggs by the security detail and asked to put my firearm in my vehicle because some of the cashiers were scared.

Just a heads up they will be closing in a month or so and opening as a Remkes but they will have the same security so they are not OC friendly.

The guy was nice about it he was an ex marine who served starting in 71 and i talked to him for a few minutes once he walked me out to the front but he sure was a lot nicer than the dick at the Florence Mall.
I've open carried at the Remke's you speak of. Never said anything to me. Picked up medicine there yesterday while carrying

901-Memphis

imported post

The store in question is not yet a Remke, its a Biggs store, but Biggs is going out of business at the end of June and they are re-opening with Remke signs.