• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC is much bigger than just

B

Bikenut

imported post

I believe that we who OC are fighting for something extremely important... and it isn't being able to carry a gun in plain sight.

This is bigger than just OC.. OC is the up front in your face reminder that "we the people" (each and every individual citizen!) has rights... and those on the other side of the issue desperately want that reminder to go away before all the rest of "we the people" wake up and put a stop to the slow slide into being ruled by the elite.

Those who want "we the people" to become "us the ruled" understand only too well that OC is the gateway to waking people up to all the other rights "we the people" have.

Brave men and women left their homes muskets in hand and marched off to fight the British and the elite rule of King George........ and after much blood was spilled Freedom began.

We who OC march off each day with pistols on our hips to fight against being ruled by the elite Progressives........ and we hope this will prevent any blood being spilled as the spirit of Freedom is reawakened.

Carry on!

cabman1

imported post

I don't carry a gun openly or concealed just because its my right.I carry for defense of myself and my loved ones.

(Just remember that lets say Taxwhat could make a shirt saying all gun carriers anal retentive and thats his right also!!!!)

PDinDetroit

imported post

And, as we look at our elected officials or ones running for office, I have a few basic questions I ask:
  1. How will they protect our freedoms, especially 2A?
  2. How will they be good stewards of resources provided by We The People?
  3. Do I believe that they will be a SERVANT or a MASTER?
  4. Would I trust my life in this person's hands?
If they fail these questions, then they will fail to support We The People.

The way forward is not just about our individual OC Actions, but will be borne on the backs of whom we elect.

Not trying to be political here, just looking to spur some thought.

taxwhat

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
I don't carry a gun openly or concealed just because its my right.I carry for defense of myself and my loved ones.

(Just remember that lets say Taxwhat could make a shirt saying all gun carriers anal retentive and thats his right also!!!!)
And a Educational exchange of thoughts ,Laws ,Rights and Respect will occur .Any thing else is Inaccessible?

taxwhat

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
And, as we look at our elected officials or ones running for office, I have a few basic questions I ask:
  1. How will they protect our freedoms, especially 2A?
  2. How will they be good stewards of resources provided by We The People?
  3. Do I believe that they will be a SERVANT or a MASTER?
  4. Would I trust my life in this person's hands?
If they fail these questions, then they will fail to support We The People.

The way forward is not just about our individual OC Actions, but will be borne on the backs of whom we elect.

Not trying to be political here, just looking to spur some thought.
Idea ! That has Worked . Ladies Voting ,Slaves , Terry ,Miranda and Many More .

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
I believe that we who OC are fighting for something extremely important... and it isn't being able to carry a gun in plain sight.

This is bigger than just OC.. OC is the up front in your face reminder that "we the people" (each and every individual citizen!) has rights... and those on the other side of the issue desperately want that reminder to go away before all the rest of "we the people" wake up and put a stop to the slow slide into being ruled by the elite.

Those who want "we the people" to become "us the ruled" understand only too well that OC is the gateway to waking people up to all the other rights "we the people" have.

Brave men and women left their homes muskets in hand and marched off to fight the British and the elite rule of King George........ and after much blood was spilled Freedom began.

We who OC march off each day with pistols on our hips to fight against being ruled by the elite Progressives........ and we hope this will prevent any blood being spilled as the spirit of Freedom is reawakened.

Carry on!

Open carry is more than open carry
Brian G. Jeffs, 1st President, MOC, Inc.

It’s true that open carry has many advantages: a faster draw, a larger caliber handgun and greater round capacity; sure it’s been show to deter crime, and it is immensely more comfortable to carry in warm weather, but it is much more than that.
Open carry brings gun ownership out of the closet. It shows your friends and neighbors, your state and your country that you are not afraid of taking on the responsibility of protecting yourself and the ones you love from evil. Open carry is a visible expression of our natural right to self preservation. Open carry makes a statement that we are not afraid to stand up to the “politically correct” ideology that has created a nanny state, where the government is there to help us if we just do as they say, and a pox on anyone that disagrees.

Open carry can lead us out of this stupor and deliver us once again to the days when a man could stand tall and be proud of his community, his state, and his country.

When you open carry you are saying to the world, I’m my own man, I’m able and willing to defend myself, my family, and if need be my community, my state, and my country. It also states that I’m willing to stand up and speak truth to authority. It’s shameful that we as law abiding citizens must stand up to authority, the very authority that we have empowered, when questioned about our lawful right to openly carry a firearm. But stand up we must. The open carry of a firearm speaks volumes and it’s says much more than just open carry.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bikenut wrote:

Carry on!
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Politically+progressive

There are those elites in all of the major parties that would attempt to enslave us, either via finances, social policy, or in the worst of all cases, at the end of a M16.

I carry 1st to protect my family. 2nd to protect my fellow citizens. 3rd to protect my country against all enemies both foreign & domestic.

Carry on!

B

Bikenut

imported post

Venator wrote:
Bikenut wrote:

Carry on!

It’s true that open carry has many advantages: a faster draw, a larger caliber handgun and greater round capacity; sure it’s been show to deter crime, and it is immensely more comfortable to carry in warm weather, but it is much more than that.
Open carry brings gun ownership out of the closet. It shows your friends and neighbors, your state and your country that you are not afraid of taking on the responsibility of protecting yourself and the ones you love from evil. Open carry is a visible expression of our natural right to self preservation. Open carry makes a statement that we are not afraid to stand up to the “politically correct” ideology that has created a nanny state, where the government is there to help us if we just do as they say, and a pox on anyone that disagrees.

Open carry can lead us out of this stupor and deliver us once again to the days when a man could stand tall and be proud of his community, his state, and his country.

When you open carry you are saying to the world, I’m my own man, I’m able and willing to defend myself, my family, and if need be my community, my state, and my country. It also states that I’m willing to stand up and speak truth to authority. It’s shameful that we as law abiding citizens must stand up to authority, the very authority that we have empowered, when questioned about our lawful right to openly carry a firearm. But stand up we must. The open carry of a firearm speaks volumes and it’s says much more than just open carry.
Dang it Brian.... we think alike. Scary ain't it?:D

But you understood it before I did... I'll grant ya that.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Venator wrote:
Bikenut wrote:

Carry on!

Dang it Brian.... we think alike. Scary ain't it?:D

But you understood it before I did... I'll grant ya that.

Yes that is scary;)

I wrote that a couple of years ago as a post on MGO to counter some of the anti-OC comments. It is posted on the SAM site and on MOC, Inc. home page.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

I follow your lead Venator, and Bikenut, I think you are reading my mind most of the time:uhoh:. Now that is scary:exclaim:.

"This is bigger than just OC.. OC is the up front in your face reminder that "we the people" (each and every individual citizen!) has rights... and those on the other side of the issue desperately want that reminder to go away before all the rest of "we the people" wake up and put a stop to the slow slide into being ruled by the elite."

Some folks up here(county pop of approx 8800) probably think of me as "off plumb" for carrying openly in public, but I feel it needs to be done not only for my own safety, but so that future generations may be still be in charge of there own destiny.
We all need to fend for ourselves, together. Thanks to you two and all True Freedom supporters.springerdave.

kryptonian

imported post

if i remember my history right the gunfight at the OK corral started because the law changed to prohibit open carry