• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your take on laser sights?

If you haven't added laser sights to your handgun, why not?

• Don't believe they are useful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Availability (for my weapon)

• Bulk (grip or holster fit)

• Cost factor

• Other reason

• Total voters

ecocks

imported post

Can some mod remove this? I reposted it on Holsters and Accessories.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I voted "other reason". They have a purpose. They're useful. They can be very good to have. Personally, though, I prefer not to use a laser sight for 2 reasons:

A. I like to challenge myself when target shooting.
B. Becoming dependent on a laser sight leaves you more vulnerable to error if it fails.

Just my $.02

tnhawk

imported post

I was at a range yesterday and the shooter? on the next lane was using a laser. As it seemed to bewandering around on my target continiously, it makes me wonder if it was of much practical use to him.:shock:

ecocks

imported post

This thread is active over on Holsters and Accessories guys. Maybe you should repost and vote over there?