• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gadsden/Glencoe/Hokes Bluff

proud_to_serveUSAF

imported post

I've been spending weeks at a time in these areas redoing a house we have there. I've been into the Gadsden Lowes just about every day I've been down there. At least over 100 trips all together in the last couple of months. Only one comment from an employee. It'll be quicker if i just list the places.

Exxon in Glencoe across from Big Chief
Jacks in Hokes Bluff (two deputies didn't say a word, spotted a unicorn there too one night)
Taco Bell Gadsden
Aldis Gadsden
Gadsden Mall
Tractor Supply Glencoe
Dollar General Glencoe and Gadsden
Lowes
Fishing by the Coosa
And various other little places around town we made stops at. I was a little bit pessimistic at first due to what I've heard, but hardly ever even got noticed. Anybody else in that area OC?

proud_to_serveUSAF

imported post

No problem. I traveled through some other parts of Alabama going in and out and haven't had any problems either. I'm sure if I move back down there I'll end up having a few just like here as it seems to just be my luck lol. I guess we'll see.

B1911

imported post

Wow you oc in the mall well I've never done it in Gadsden. ..fyi anyone wanting to open carry in Oxford quintard mall DONT its private owned and they have among many other rules "no guns allowed"

eye95

imported post

solidsnake.45 wrote:
Wow you oc in the mall well I've never done it in Gadsden. ..fyi anyone wanting to open carry in Oxford quintard mall DONT its private owned and they have among many other rules "no guns allowed"
Do they have signs posted? Or, do they do it like Eastdale Mall does, and print them on business cards that you only see if you ask for one or if they call the cops on you? If they don't have the signs, and you don't know their gun policy, and you have the stones, go for it.

The worst that could legally happen is that you will be asked to leave. Of course, they may try to do some illegal stuff to you (which is why you need stones).