• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB holster OC?

killchain

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Now, I would say that it is a violation of the 4th amendment to require you to produce a photo ID to validate the CPL is yours unless the officer has RAS to believe the CPL is not yours.
Which RAS could be simply be that it has no picture identification to it and you don't look like John Q. Public, the owner of this CPL.

1245A Defender

imported post

killchain wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Now, I would say that it is a violation of the 4th amendment to require you to produce a photo ID to validate the CPL is yours unless the officer has RAS to believe the CPL is not yours.
Which RAS could be simply be that it has no picture identification to it and you don't look like John Q. Public, the owner of this CPL.
not having a pic is not RAS "of a crime",,
you seem eager to give up your 4th A right.
i will use everything i can learn to help keep the cops from turning this into a "stop and ID state".
i dont mean to demean you personally, but their are two camps of 4th A rights people.
one camp doesnt mind giving up ID to the cops, just to get along, and seem like nice guys.
im in the other camp! unless i am being investigated for an actual "crime", then i demand to be left alone!

amzbrady

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
killchain wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
i will use everything i can learn to help keep the cops from turning this into a "stop and ID state".
i dont mean to demean you personally, but their are two camps of 4th A rights people.
one camp doesnt mind giving up ID to the cops, just to get along, and seem like nice guys.
im in the other camp! unless i am being investigated for an actual "crime", then i demand to be left alone!
We have been through this before, and Oh man did I get chastized and was read the riot act, but I still think it is a waste of space law. Takes me a half minute out of my life to show my ID. Who gives a crap. I wish Washington would pull an Arizona law, and I would gladly show ID showing I am a National who belongs. My thought is crime and immigration prevention. Run everyones ID and if they have a warrant lock em up, if their Illegal, deport them, (course if they put up 2 8 foot fences a half mile apart and fill the interior with land mines and let the Mexicans decide if being here Illegally is worth it). My 2 cents on an ignorant law.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I wish Washington would pull an Arizona law, and I would gladly show ID showing I am a National who belongs.

In ArizonaID can only be demanded ifRAShas been established that you are an Illegal Alien, read the law and understand itbefore youcomment. I am with 1245A I dont show my ID unless I am being charged witha crime. Sorry about the font.

1. Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

amzbrady

imported post

Orphan wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
I wish Washington would pull an Arizona law, and I would gladly show ID showing I am a National who belongs.

In ArizonaID can only be demanded ifRAShas been established that you are an Illegal Alien, read the law and understand itbefore youcomment. I am with 1245A I dont show my ID unless I am being charged witha crime. Sorry about the font.

1. Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.
Actually I already knew that, butl there ya go, that needs to be changed to read just freakin stopemand checkem.

amzbrady

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Well the motorcycle cops already have the jack boots. All they need to make amzbrady happy is the accent now....

"Your paperz, pleaze!"

I'm with Defender on this one. But, then again, I have to be. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against domestic enemies.

I guess I'm okey dokey. The United Stated denied me the right to serve it :cry:, so I didnt have to take an oath. I still get to pick and choose :p, which amendments I like.

I dont consider myself a domestic enemy :uhoh:, sorry if you do:?. I just consider myself a rational :shock:, thick headed :banghead:, opinionated :exclaim:, American :celebrate.

skiingislife725

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Perhaps a tattoo to identify those who are willing to give up their rights? That would be easier for the police.
EXACTLY! Well maybe a patch instead. Then it can be seen easily by the polizei. Some sort of symbol that's easy to identify...bright colors too.

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Perhaps a tattoo to identify those who are willing to give up their rights? That would be easier for the police.

Barcodes, or micro chips, or eye scans. Just really dont care about that right, it doesnt bother me either way. I was asked for ID once when I was 15 back in Illinois and didnt have any. Didnt effect my life one way or another. If the police just walked up to me and asked for ID now, wouldnt effect me one way or another.

Just sayin.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skiingislife725 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
EXACTLY! Well maybe a patch instead. Then it can be seen easily by the polizei. Some sort of symbol that's easy to identify...bright colors too.

Perhaps something like this...

Holocaust_tattoo.jpg

killchain

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
killchain wrote:
NavyLT wrote:

Did I say I show it to every single cop that walks by?

No.

And why would I have to show it to the cops? Because I did something to warrant it (I know, because cops are terrible people who are out to persecute us, that's the reason.)

Fact is, if they don't think it's yours, then guess what? "Where's your driver's license?"

"Why?"

"I have suspicion to believe this is not your Concealed Pistol License."

Bam, you have just been detained for a possible crime, and state law demands you surrender corresponding identification.

You made the assumption that whenever I see someone with a shield on their shoulder I'm all eager to run over and say, "HAY MR. OFFICER I HAVE A PISTOL HERE'S MY LICENSE!!!!"

No, I don't do that. I want them and everyone else to leave me the hell alone, and to be safe and go on my way. That is why I carry a gun, so I can be safe.

I am getting tired of beating this dead horse. Seriously, if the CPL issue pisses you off so bad, then OPEN CARRY. Problem solved.

1245A Defender

imported post

the CPL laws dont piss me off so bad.
people that think RAS is anything the cops want it to be,,,, pisses me off so bad!
the 4th A means cops cant demand to see ID or detain you just because they wonder if you actually are law abiding.
this horse is dead, but folks that make up reasons to make rights violators the good guys, keep beating it.