• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Chicago shooting deflates anti-gun philosophy

Dave Workman

imported post

Why Chicago shooting deflates anti-gun philosophy everywhere...including Seattle

The incident, which cost the life of recidivist felon Anthony Nelson, known in the neighborhood as “Big Ant,” is bringing a tidal wave of public support for the 80-year-old man who shot him with a handgun, which is essentially banned by law in the Windy City.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m5d27-Why-Chicago-shooting-deflates-antigun-philosophy-everywhereincluding-Seattle

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/39ua9ut

geojohn

imported post

Nice article. What I would find interesting to know is:

1. How did the victim (the homeowner) purchase his handgun?
2. Was the victim's handgun seized? (I'm assuming it was.)
3. If it was, will he legally be able to purchase or otherwise obtain another firearm, assuming he wants to?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

John Carlson brought up Dave's article at 4pm on KVI today. Only generated a couple of callers, both pro 2A.

What I took from Carlson's attention to the subject is the SILENCE from anti gun callers. They know that they are morally bankrupt on this issue and that their days are numbered.

Nice article Dave.

Dave Workman

imported post

Gang, I am delighted that Carlson uses my stuff. he tries to be pro gun, and occasionally asks for some guidance.

Glad to hear that some of you guys are his listeners.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Gang, I am delighted that Carlson uses my stuff. he tries to be pro gun, and occasionally asks for some guidance.

Glad to hear that some of you guys are his listeners.

I listen to Carlson, Kirby, and the rest of the KVI and KTTH crowd from time to time, I have for 15+ years. I was even on the air a few months ago when John talked about the Colorado sheriff....