Thread: Posted this before sorry

Post imported post

My daughter live in Jeffersonville, In. How is Clark, new albany county police on open carry.? Coming up in July and would like to give it a try,maybe in Bass Pro in Clarksville if someone wanted to meet for a little moral support, I have a SC, NH, Pa and Maine permit. Tx

Post imported post

Others here have posted accounts of Clarksville PD threatening to take them to jail. My Dad was told by a local officer, that they would take him to jail and take his gun, not sure if it was Jeff, Clarksville, New Albany or Sellersburg. They said the permit was irrelevant, they weren't going to deal with the "man with a gun phone calls" and would charge him with disturbing the peace and keep the weapon.

Let us know when you plan on being here. Bass Pro isn't the most 2A friendly business, even though they make millions from gun sales. I pulled my spare magazine to compare my .45ACP carry round to a .45 muzzle loader sabot for deer hunting and the employees in the gun dept almost crapped their pants. I haven't been back since.