• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was deprived of my right to carry outside of the Nelson County courthouse today.

langzaiguy

imported post

Count me in! Definitely put them on the defense. Demand that they show you where within the law have they acted appropriately. Demand that they show you the KRS word for word and explain themselves. You, a law abiding citizen, should not have to bear the burden of proof. That job is for your oppressors.

Unfettered Might

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
Count me in! Definitely put them on the defense. Demand that they show you where within the law have they acted appropriately. Demand that they show you the KRS word for word and explain themselves. You, a law abiding citizen, should not have to bear the burden of proof. That job is for your oppressors.
Awesome! Well that's one.

Langzaiguy has to drive a hour and a half to Bardstown for such an event, hows that for some patriotism and conviction to your principles!

Thanks for backing me up man.

Who else?

Unfettered Might

imported post

gutshot wrote:
Unfettered Might wrote:
langzaiguy wrote:
Awesome! Well that's one.

Langzaiguy has to drive a hour and a half to Bardstown for such an event, hows that for some patriotism and conviction to your principles!

Thanks for backing me up man.

Who else?

I'll join in.
That's three, I'll start a list.

1) Unfettered Might
2) Langzaiguy
3) Gutshot

Unfettered Might

imported post

I'm trying to find information on if a permit is needed for a public protest. Google isn't coming up with much, yet. I can start to make phone calls tomorrow but I don't want to get the run around, especially if I tell them what the protest is for.

I will personally pay for the permit and refreshments for those that attend the event.

langzaiguy

imported post

@Unfettered: Looks like they're right--it is illegal to carry guns in municipal buildings. Of course, that's an illegal ban. Looks like you got quite a lot on your plate now.

http://www.cityofbardstown.org/ordinances/TitleIX/Ch91SympsonLake.html

Contact information for your officials:
http://www.nelsoncountyky.com/html/fiscal_court.html

Although how do we reconcile that with 130.08:
http://www.cityofbardstown.org/ordinances/Ch130OffensesAgainstMunicipalRegulations2.html

Edit: My bad, apparently that's only buildings near the lake. Still, that seems illegal on their part.
130.08 Seems to lawfully restrict CONCEALED weapons from municipal buildings. Nothing about OC. Carry on!

Unfettered Might

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
@Unfettered: Looks like they're right--it is illegal to carry guns in municipal buildings. Of course, that's an illegal ban. Looks like you got quite a lot on your plate now.

http://www.cityofbardstown.org/ordinances/Ch130OffensesAgainstMunicipalRegulations2.html

Edit: My bad, apparently that's only buildings near the lake. Still, that seems illegal on their part.
130.08 Seems to lawfully restrict CONCEALED weapons from municipal buildings. Nothing about OC. Carry on!
That and I was outside the building.

So I'm guessing I should email the County Judge Executive Dean Watts about this issue as well?

Unfettered Might

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
You know I'm in.:dude:

I posted where I went in the LaRue court HOUSE and not a court room. It is legal to enter.
See I knew someone here had done it, but like I said, what makes it even worse is I was outside the building on the side by the front doors.

1) Unfettered Might
2) Langzaiguy
3) Gutshot
4) Mr Mitch

I figure that after we get a decent list of participants(which even four is good), we all can determine a date and time that will work for all involved.

Unfettered Might

imported post

gutshot wrote:
Unfettered Might wrote:
langzaiguy wrote:

That and I was outside the building.

So I'm guessing I should email the County Judge Executive Dean Watts about this issue as well?

All of this applies to City of Bardstown, only. The county government is a separate entity. The courthouse is a county building. City laws don't apply even if the county building happens to be inside the city limits.

See now this is where your knowledge in these affairs begins to exceed my own. Just like that one thread where you corrected me on some of the things I was saying. Yeah you had me lol. But I learned from it, so I appreciated it.

Unfettered Might

imported post

Boy if only those three LEOs knew what kind of problems they are about to bring down on Bardstown.

I wouldn't have even pushed the issue if they had waited for me to come in and then tell me I had to take it back to my car. That's what happened at the Bullitt County Courthouse. But to act so aggressively and threaten to arrest me was just too much.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh, I would love to be a fly on the wall in the judge's chambers on this one.

If I understand things correctly, deputies at the courthouse are under the judge as far as security goes. A letter to the judge would not be out of line.

But, a bunch of OCers in frontof his courthouse when he comes to work would be even better. I can hear it now:

Judge: "What in the hell is going on out there?"

Bailiff: "Well, you honor. Jones and Simmons illegally stopped a citizen last week on your courthouse steps. Then Jones proceeded to search his pockets illegally. I think we got us a protest. I heard the press is on their way over."

Judge: "[unprintable]!!!"

:D

Even better:

Judge: "Sheriff Badgeflasher? This is Judge Gavelbanger at the courthouse."

Sheriff: "Yes, your honor?"

Judge: "I want Jones and Simmons transferred to Animal Control."

Kriegsammler

imported post

I'd be up for it.. however.. I have no car.. Is anyone else coming from the Louisville Area that I might catch a ride with?

Also.. When's this shindig going down?

-Adam

Unfettered Might

imported post

Kriegsammler wrote:
I'd be up for it.. however.. I have no car.. Is anyone else coming from the Louisville Area that I might catch a ride with?

-Adam
We'd love to have ya, hopefully something can be worked out.

That's as yet to be determined. I'm looking to get at least 10 people and then find a good compromise on everyone's schedule and let that be it. Sometime next week maybe.

I'll go ahead and add you to the list of attendees.

1) Unfettered Might
2) Langzaiguy
3) Gutshot
4) Mr Mitch
5) Dennis
6) Kriegsammler(needs ride)

Unfettered Might

imported post

gutshot wrote:
Unfettered Might wrote:
Kriegsammler wrote:

-Adam
We'd love to have ya, hopefully something can be worked out.

That's as yet to be determined. I'm looking to get at least 10 people and then find a good compromise on everyone's schedule and let that be it. Sometime next week maybe.

I'll go ahead and add you to the list of attendees.

1) Unfettered Might
2) Langzaiguy
3) Gutshot
4) Mr Mitch
5) Dennis
6) Kriegsammler(needs ride)
Let's make sure we're on a solid footing before we rush on down to Bardstown. I'm assuming that other county offices are in the courthouse. Is that right? I just sent an email to The mayor of Bardstown. I'll give time to read it in the morning then give him a call. What's wrong with the people in Nelson Co.?
I completely agree gutshot, didn't mean for it to sound rushed.

The court clerks are in there if they count. But I wasn't even in the building when this happened, I was standing outside.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Why don't you guys see if you can get Old dog in the fight and/or KC3 (KY Coalition to Carry Concealed) involved in the matter?

Yes, that would be the member who, in response to questions aboutsignage at the Greater Cincinnati/Northern KY airport, strongly defended KC3's stance on all matters related to gun rights in KY, then neither he nor KC3 acted.

Maybe someone else can get them to actually match their words to actions.