• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need your names

tyguy808

imported post

Hey guys, I just got an email from the editor at the Bellingham Herald. She is asking for some contact info. If you were at the clean up on May 15th please send me your REAL first and last name and a phone number to be reached at. If you want to remain anonymous thats okay too. You can just PM me your info if you might want your name in the paper.

-Tyler

Edit: also an email address so I can contact you for another trip to the pit and get some feedback about the last trip.

tyguy808

imported post

Calm down fellas..... She does tell me that she is more interested in an environmental/ community giving back type of story. She had some questions regarding Project Wilderness and how we came together.

-Tyler

tyguy808

imported post

Oh, and as far as another clean up..... DNR was saying that of we wanted to do it again, say this summer or fall, that they would send the dump truck or a dumpster for us on clean up day.

heresolong

imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
Oh, and as far as another clean up..... DNR was saying that of we wanted to do it again, say this summer or fall, that they would send the dump truck or a dumpster for us on clean up day.
I'm in with enough notice. I need to keep the day open from my business and I tend to be scheduling two to four weeks out for appointments.

skiingislife725

imported post

That'd be awesome if they could leave a dumpster for us for a weekend...or even leave it for a week for that matter. I'd be willing to do a back-to-back...but that's probably just the tree-hugger in me talking. Not sure how anyone else would feel about that. But it would give people a chance to come mid-week if they couldn't on the weekend or whatever.

amzbrady

imported post

heresolong wrote:
tyguy808 wrote:
I'm in with enough notice. I need to keep the day open from my business and I tend to be scheduling two to four weeks out for appointments.
To bad you cant move this closer to Olympia. Would love to do a clean and camp. Just too much gas for a weekend.

1970camaroRS

imported post

What was the editors name? It's probably the girl I went to highschool with. If it is, I'm sure it will be a story spun in the right direction. Seriously though, what's the editors name from the Herald?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

1970camaroRS wrote:
What was the editors name? It's probably the girl I went to highschool with. If it is, I'm sure it will be a story spun in the right direction. Seriously though, what's the editors name from the Herald?
Ty is on the boat so his replies not be super fast. Plus doing OCDO on blackberry sometimes sucks.

Aryk45XD

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
You have my names right? Or call me.
How many names do you have???
It would be the census worker that asks. Lol.
PM sent. I guessed it would have been an environmental story. That may be a good thing to get the story out, but it better give cred to the OC crowd or at least mention us.

tyguy808

imported post

Okay guys, the editor at the Herald just emailed me. She said the article about our project is going to print on Sunday. Unless someone else sent her some pics, it is a text only article.

-Tyler