• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delta Junction

Wirelesscto

imported post

Today, Thursday, 27 May 2010, I was in the old Texaco Station, now Buffalo Center Services/Fuel at the corner of Richardson Highway and Nistler Road.

Their Fuel Delivery Driver Robert Hess, who believe it or not is listed on the Sex Offenders List for the Area (for Attemped Sexual Abuse of a Minor in the Second Degree), approached me and told me I could not carry my firearm in the store to pay for my purchase of $89 in fuel.

Robert is delivering fuel to people's homes! But more to the point, he told me that Open Carry in the store was not allowed due to a problem that happened two years ago when Francis "Jay" White shot a hole in a window upstairs, with a rifle I might add, because he had a beef with the State Troopers.

Now let me ask you, I am a state permit holder, I hold a state Private Investigation licence, I am also an NRA instructor.

Robert's problem is he does not know this because I have kids and I would never allow him to bring fuel to my home!

But as Alaska State Statue states they can post anti-firearm signs and ask you to leave or you will be trepassing; and if it wasn't for my Fleet Card, I would not buy fuel from Buffalo Center Services anyway.

But I will ask again I would think that any stable person who carries Firearms would be a deterent to evil people who are entering the store.

There are many times when a person, not an empolyee of a gas station, has stopped robberies just Google it on YouTube...

There are now NRA and Open Carry persons writing to BCS. People, please stop in and let them know what you think next time you comethrough Delta Junction.

Sexual Preditor NO

Open Carry YES!

Robert Hess here is his link http://www.dps.state.ak.us/sorweb/offender.aspx?LOOKUP_KEY=575126278380028565&FORM_TYPE=search

You tell me!!

Wirelesscto

imported post

Alaskan Shooter wrote:
Brian,

Did you ask to speak to the manager and see if this is true?

Tom

They have posted a sign in the window it is very small type and I did walk by it never saw it until it was pointed out..

The Manager Jennifer did walk down and did not say a word to me btw...

As for the reason that has not been confirmed but that is what the counter person and the fuel drive above stated...

It just makes me upset when people that commit crimes have the balls to come up to a person who is really do knwo wrong as well as well know as a NRA/ guns rights person is attacked by them....

People who pray on children are right up there with the stuff that gets between your toes on a hot day with me...

Also there are also so many videos of persons who carry saving counter peoples lifes because they where legally carrying.... and thats the most important part to me...

We have lots of people starting a letter writting chain to them Her in Delta expressing our concerens as well please join in!

Brian