• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who for Governor?

Nevada carrier

imported post

Can anyone suggest a candidate for governor who is pro-2A, an advocate for constitutional carry just like AZ, but also pro labor? We seriously need someone who can replace Michael Tanchek, the Labor Commissioner who's been stalling the decision over the Wynn dealers tip case.

If anyone has found a good candidate, please share. Gibbons has got to GO!

Any suggestions for Atty General as well?

NumberCruncher

imported post

Your question is a bit scattered....who for governor....we need to replace a labor commissioner. Good luck finding a gov candidate that's both 2A and union friendly. Not seeing anyone on the ballot that fits that bill. You'll need to ask your Democrat buddies about that one. Gibbons fits your first requirement, however, certainly not union friendly. As for he's got to GO....I'm not in your camp. Promised no raise in our taxes and stuck to it.

Loneviking

imported post

NumberCruncher wrote:
Your question is a bit scattered....who for governor....we need to replace a labor commissioner. Good luck finding a gov candidate that's both 2A and union friendly. Not seeing anyone on the ballot that fits that bill. You'll need to ask your Democrat buddies about that one. Gibbons fits your first requirement, however, certainly not union friendly. As for he's got to GO....I'm not in your camp. Promised no raise in our taxes and stuck to it.
Absolutely. I see no reason why Gibbons has to go. He kept his promises, and he's brought Nevada into the suit against that health care monstrosityof a bill, despite the AG's best effort to torpedo the suit. AG Mastro is the one who has to go!

Nevada carrier

imported post

The reason I brought up the Labor Commissioner is because the position is appointed by the governor. I can live with a candidate who is 2A friendly and not so much Union friendly as opposed to not being in Big Gaming's back pocket.

Michael Tanchek, Nevada's Labor Commissioner has been stalling a decision over the Wynn dealer's tip case that he heard almost a year ago. I would think the governor would have an interest in his performance. The fact that Gibbons hasn't made it clear to him that it's time for him to hand down a ruling or be replaced makes it clear to me that gibbons and Tanchek are both in Steve Wynn's (and probably other gaming company's) back pocket. Therefor, IMO they must be replaced.

The people are the only interest group that should matter. Gibbons and Tanchek seem to have forgotten that. Therefor, Gibbons must go.

I would also like to hear suggestions for an AG candidate as well.