• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks Topeka - Open Carry

marine0300

imported post

Open carried at Starbucks in Topekathis morning witha friend. Both of us were OC'ing, totally uneventful and enjoyed sitting and drinking our coffee for about 20 minutes.

We walked in normal ordered coffee like it was no big deal. The store was full of customers and no one even batted an eye or cared.

I really believe we didn't get a response because we acted normal, dressed nice, wore high on the hip holsters that blended into our cloths. We didn't really stand out in any way drank our coffeehad conversation and when finished just left. Acted likeevery other normal customer.

In my opinionwhen you open carry be yourself actnormaland don't try and make yourself stand out as an open carrier. Also dress nice that makes a difference. Dressing nice doesn't mean suite and tie. Wear jeans or shorts but have a belt on and shirt tucked in looking nice calms people.

It was fun and plan to do it again soon.

Marine0300

ps: a quick note my friend also open carried at Wal Mart on Wanamaker avenuebuying groceries. Went about his business getting groceries and no oneeven paid attention. He even had a uniformed police officer walk past him and give him a short look and the officer went on his way.

In Topeka all law enforcement know open carry is legal so we need to exercise our rightin an ordinary, uneventful,respectful way.

Enjoy open carrying in Topeka!

marine0300

Myself and two other friends open carried again at Star Bucks. Again no one even cared.

But this time there were about 5 police officers getting coffee. They didn’t even say a word to us and went about there business of drinking coffee.

When we were finished we just left. There will be many more OC Star Bucks runs!