Thread: when being pulled over

Post imported post

OK I think this was asked here once before but I cant find it so here it goes. If you are pulled over and the officer asks are there any weapons in the car, what do you say if you have your firearm in a locked container say on the passanger side floor or in the trunk. are you required to declare it.

Post imported post

There is nothing illegal in the car.

Post imported post

halo6941 wrote:
    OK I think this was asked here once before but I cant find it so here it goes. If you are pulled over and the officer asks are there any weapons in the car, what do you say if you have your firearm in a locked container say on the passanger side floor or in the trunk. are you required to declare it.
    "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..."
    What people often miscite as "Miranda Rights" is the 5th amendment. The 5th amendment applies all the time. As the officer is the representative of the State, he may ask any question of you he likes, however he is not entitled to a response that could implicate you in wrongdoing and your arrest.

"I have nothing illegal in my vehicle." is one appropriate response.

I believe "I don't have anything that I would harm you (refering to the officer) with." is also workable.

New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

I like that one too,

Post imported post

I decline to answer any questions without legal advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    halo6941 wrote:
    "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..."
    What people often miscite as "Miranda Rights" is the 5th amendment. The 5th amendment applies all the time. As the officer is the representative of the State, he may ask any question of you he likes, however he is not entitled to a response that could implicate you in wrongdoing and your arrest.

"I have nothing illegal in my vehicle." is one appropriate response.

I believe "I don't have anything that I would harm you (refering to the officer) with." is also workable.

ok thanks.

Post imported post

I was expecting everyone to say

"NEVER TALK TO THE COPS. SAY YOU WILL NOT SPEAK UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN YOUR LAWYER"

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    I decline to answer any questions without legal advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
    hey gundude thanks now I remember seeing this once b4.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I wouldn't respond at all, except maybe to ask if I'm free to go yet.

"Do you have any guns or drugs in your vehicle?"

"Am I free to go yet?"

"Why don't you want to answer my question, do you have something to hide?"

"Not at all, I just would rather be on my way without all the small talk."
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    I wouldn't respond at all, except maybe to ask if I'm free to go yet.

"Do you have any guns or drugs in your vehicle?"

"Am I free to go yet?"

"Why don't you want to answer my question, do you have something to hide?"

"Not at all, I just would rather be on my way without all the small talk."

How Ironic because you just talked.. small..

Post imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
    One time I was stopped while riding my bicycle in Redondo Beach California. I am a semi pro bicyclist and as such I wear "skin tight spandex" racing clothes. I was stopped at 9pm because the officer said I didnt have a light on my bike.

He asked for my name and asked to see ID. I said I didnt have my ID on me and then he told me to get off my bike and patted me down. He then asked "do you have any guns, knives or drugs on you?" I thought this question was offensive so I answered "yes officer, i have an AK-47 assault rifle in my back pocket". Bear in mind that I am wearing literally skin tight spandex racing shorts and a skin tight racing shirt. I wrongly assumed the officer either was smart enough to know I didnt or smart enough to see that I was obviously being sarcastic.

Well, that was the wrong answer !!! Next thing I know I am in handcuffs on the curb and 3 more cop cars are called in. The superior officer arrives and says "how come you lied to this officer about being armed with an assault rifle" I answered "sir, I didnt say I had an assault rifle, I said I had an AK-47". He then said "okay, lying to a police officer is against the law, we are going to arrest you for..." and then he mentioned about 50 different made up codes and laws.

I then said "sir, I honestly believed when I left my house that I had an AK-47 in my pocket, I guess I am wrong but there is no lawagainst being mistaken about what you DONT have in your posession". Well, 45 minutes later after 10 checks for warrants, a DUI field sobriety test, a breathelizer test and many many illegal threats made by the officers I was "let go" with a $290 ticket for "inadequate lighting" and "giving false information to a police officer".

I went to court and got both citations dismissed.
    $290 ticket. ITs a bike, and the other thing that gets me is that the cop asked if you had any guns, knives or drugs on you. where were you to be hiding these if you did.

Post imported post

I want to try saying "unless you have a warrant, you'll never know!" or "I'm just happy to see you"
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    I want to try saying "unless you have a warrant, you'll never know!" or "I'm just happy to see you"
    I would like to see the look on the officers face if you say im just happy to see you.

Post imported post

CA Patriot,

"I went to court and got both citations dismissed."

How did you get the both citations dismissed? Did you wear your spandex to court to prove how foolish the fuzz was?

What did the judge say when he ruled?

Did the topic of ID come up in the court room?

markm

Post imported post

The last time I got pulledover was by a CHP, I was on my Harley, on the freeway and when I saw him I just knew I was going to be stopped. Just a feeling you get. When the officer walked up to me he stated "do you know why I pulled you over?" I just couldn't help myself and replied "because your lonely." Well I truly found a cop with a sense of humor. He looked at me for a moment with this puzzled look and just busted out laughing. He said he'd never heard that one before and after he checked my license he let me go and told me to watch my speed. Hestill had the biggest grin on his face when he got back in his car and drove off. I guess I just got lucky.

Post imported post

KAISER-MAN wrote:
    The last time I got pulledover was by a CHP, I was on my Harley, on the freeway and when I saw him I just knew I was going to be stopped. Just a feeling you get. When the officer walked up to me he stated "do you know why I pulled you over?" I just couldn't help myself and replied "because your lonely." Well I truly found a cop with a sense of humor. He looked at me for a moment with this puzzled look and just busted out laughing. He said he'd never heard that one before and after he checked my license he let me go and told me to watch my speed. Hestill had the biggest grin on his face when he got back in his car and drove off. I guess I just got lucky.
    wow 1 in a million, thats hard to find

Post imported post

Hey Ca Patriot,

Thanks for your response. A judge with some common sense and knowledge of the law and civil rigths. Wow.

markm

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

halo6941 wrote:
    Don't answer at all. Just keep things moving in your direction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJrQBwJpqk
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    halo6941 wrote:
    Don't answer at all. Just keep things moving in your direction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJrQBwJpqk
    thanks cool thats answers most of what I wanted to find out.