Thread: fn herstal

Post imported post

anyone have expierience with fn or more specifically the fnp 9??

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

Yes, my friend has one and I and quite familiar with it. What's your question?
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

im trying to establish the quality of an fnp 9 or fn in general

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

I have had no bad experiences with FN or any of their products. I have shot the FNP-9, FNP-45, Five-seveN, PS90, FNAR, and SCAR-L. I never had any malfunctions and haven't heard any complaints. While I don't personally own any of their products I know people that do and I think they are a good company.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

tronson wrote:
    im trying to establish the quality of an fnp 9 or fn in general
    For FN in general, they are probably the largest firearms manufacturer in the world. They make a ton of military firearms for the USA. I've also heard only good things about the FNP line of handguns.

Post imported post

I have a FN 5.7 and I love it. I rank it behind my HK .45 Tactical (and the Sig P220 I used to have) only because I have a strange obsession with .45's. On the other hand, I'd rank it behind the pair of stainless Springfield 1911's I used to have.

Very accurate, almost zero recoil, 20 rounds, easy to disassemble and clean.