Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in marching in a parade on Sunday?

Post imported post

Sorry about the short notice, I just found out about this tonight. Looking for some ocers to march in a parade in Arcadia, Sunday starts at noon. I'm a little sketchy on the details so if anyone has more details please let us know. Looks like the weather should be nice. Should be a good time and opportunity to promote oc.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

More details will be posted soon. Have several phones calls to make tomm.

So far we have...

Woodchuck

johnny amish

goforlow

BROKENSRPOKET

Post imported post

We are in it now folks!

Several OC advocates were invited to walk in the Parade with the Trempealeau County Republicans and gladly accepted. They contacted local LEO to get permission to carry as almost the entire route is in a school zone.

The OC advocates, some members of WCI, have been calling the Chief and the Mayor for two(2) days and haven't gotten any direct reply.

The Trempealeau County Republican Party responded today with the following:

I received the following message from our County Chairman, David Anderson:

"I received a call from Terry Madden, legal council for the City of Arcadia , and he told me that while they support the 2nd Amendment they believe that open carry would be too controversial for Arcadia. ~Dave"
    Is this city attorney KIDDING ME? OC, a constitutional right, is "too controversial?"

There are several people preparing to participate in the parade. They will request permission, from local LEO, to carry in the parade the day of if they continue to DUCK OUR CALLS!

The OC advocates intend to participate even if they cannot carry, but they will have video and audio recordings of the refusal.

If Arcadia threatens any participants with arrest should they carry in a school zone, we would hope Arcadia would be added as ANOTHER defendant to the law suit. All video/audio will be made available to the WCI legal team.

If ANY NONE LEO carry ANY FIREARM, but the OC advocates are denied, we would hope this would bring a discrimination suit. Again, all audio/video will be made available to the WCI legal team.

The contact number for city of Arcadia is: 608-323-3359 I would encourage ALL individuals to call them ASAP and leave a message asking why exercising a constitutional right is "too controversial."

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Sorry guys, I cannot make it. I will be at the Bob & Rocco show in Eagle River doing a membership drive.

Just be careful.

Post imported post

Sounds fun. Good luck!

I won't be able to make it, I have plans that day. I also am selling my OC gun tomorrow, and won't be picking up my new one (Walther PPS...which is more for CC but it will also be my OC gun) until next week sometime. Then I'll need to find a holster for it as well, and get some range time with it.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

When I get off work in the moring, I am going to Arcadia do deposit my paycheck. Arcadia Credit Union is a little inconvienent but they have had my business for 20 years. I tried to find something more convienent, but the service and servicesat ACU cannot be matched. And they don't blink when I open carry there. I posted a while back how it would have broken my heart if I had to close my accounts if the denied my right to OC.

I don't know what this city attorney means by "too contraversial for Arcadia". I open carry ten or more businesses in Arcadia, including the Clinic and Emergancy Room. Peope do not react to it. How is that contraversial?

After I deposit my check, I will be going down to the City Hall and the PD(same building). I will let you know how it goes.

Post imported post

Remember your RECORDER!

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

I will send out a tweet to our members tomorrow on Twitter. We'll get the phones ringing at the city of Arcadia.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    Remember your RECORDER!
    It does not work well in my pocket, so it will go in my empty holster.

Post imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
    I will send out a tweet to our members tomorrow on Twitter. We'll get the phones ringing at the city of Arcadia.
    If the phones are sooo busy that they won't have time to talk to me, I will know its your fault.

Post imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:

After I deposit my check, I will be going down to the City Hall and the PD(same building). I will let you know how it goes.

Good luck, carry on
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
    The contact number for city of Arcadia is: 608-323-3359 I would encourage ALL individuals to call them ASAP and leave a message asking why exercising a constitutional right is "too controversial."
    When you call, you get an automated message. Dial 27 for the Mayor, and 29 for the Police Chief.

Post imported post

Does anyone have the names of the media outlets that serve the Arcadia area? TV and newspaper?
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

NBC WEAU TV 13 out of Eau Claire. http://www.weau.com/

CBS WKBT TV 8 out of La Crosse. http://www.wkbt.com/

ABC WXOW TV 19 out of La Crosse http://www.wxow.com/

Kwno Radio
    314 W Main St
    Arcadia, WI 54612
    608-323-3322

Eau Claire Radio Stations
    http://www.eauclaireradio.com/main.html

WAX - 104 http://www.todayswaxx1045.com/

That's what I found so far....

Post imported post

Arcadia News-Leader
    www.arcadianewsleader.com
    Jennie Oemig - Editor
    608-323-3366 ext. 240
    editor@arcadianewsleader.com

Post imported post

An open-records request has been made of the City Clerk of the City of Arcadia requesting and and all documentation relating to the denial of the request of law-abiding citizens to open-carry in the parade (just as the color guard does with their rifles)

The City of Arcadia was also made aware (if they check their voicemail) that Wisconsin Carry has filed a federal lawsuit against 2 other municipalities who infringed upon the right of a law-abiding citizen to carry in a school zone.

Post imported post

johnny amish wrote:
    BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Good luck, carry on
    Today was effin RE:dickless

Who wants to make a MWAG call tommorrow, so I can talk to the Chief of Police face to face. PM me your phone number.

I need to get two hours of sleep before I go back in for some overtime so I am out of commission for the rest of this day.

Post imported post

Woodchuck will be marching in the parade for sure. He would love it if three other people could help. If you can give him a call @ 608-738-8648. Carry on.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Post imported post

I just got done woiking 14s hours on 2 hours of sleep, 1 choc. chip cookie and 5 Mt Dews. I am taking a 4 hour nap, then I am going hunting for the Arcadia Chief of Police. :what:He had the doy off yesterday.

Post imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    I just got done woiking 14s hours on 2 hours of sleep, 1 choc. chip cookie and 5 Mt Dews. I am taking a 4 hour nap, then I am going hunting for the Arcadia Chief of Police. :what:He had the doy off yesterday.
    Best of luck, carry on
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Post imported post

Apparently the Lions Club, who organized the parade, have now come forward and stated they will NOT ALLOW open carry in the parade by anyone other than the police or the veterans.

A second open records request will be submitted to determine IF any city officials made any attempt to "sway" the Lions decision.

Post imported post

Well, my son and I hung out in Arcadia (Sat.) today. Ate everything from cheese curds, corn dogs, chili cheese nachos and milk shakes. I certainly got the attention of LEO today. While we where watching the tractor pull, several noticed but noone blinked or asked. LEO where roaming around. I approached one to ask if the Chief was on duty. When asked why, I explained to get authorization to open carry in a school zone for the event of the parade, just like I am now and pointed. IF this officer had not noticed yet, he did now. I went back to the tractor pull. By the way, there was a motorized cart that went around selling pop and beer. Oh well.

I did find the Chief later, but at this point, all I wanted to say to him is that he is a coward. Would not return anyones phone calls or emails to even have a conversation. Instead, 'someone' put pressure on the Lions to contact us to request we do not carry. The Lions organize the parade and could have the TrempGOP pulled from the parade if the wanted to.

I was being survaled all day, but not one officer approached me. I did lock eye contact with the chief as I walked past him. Officers followed me again from there.

All in all, I still believe that Tremp. Co. has good LEO's. Not once have I been even asked about OC, everytime have encountered them. After all, when the state preemption law was enacted, the county board moved to remove all ordinance county wide, in every municipality.

This situation has not tainted my opinion. There is a difference between a citizen open carrying on daily basis during every day normal live situations and having a group of citizens asking for authorization to open carry through a school zone in a parade for every one to see.

Edited to say I worte this when I got home Sat. night but forgot to click on send until this morning.

McX

Post imported post

brokensproket, it was good to see you were afforded a personal security detatchment by the civil authorities while out at a public event. i'm jealous!

Post imported post

Can I get that kind of service every day so I don't have to worry about the hassles of vehicle transport and school zones?

Of course, just because the LEOs are near by doesn't mean they'd actually help if needed.

G

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    brokensproket, it was good to see you were afforded a personal security detatchment by the civil authorities while out at a public event. i'm jealous!
    I think that they are sooo glad I don't drink anymore that they don't care if I carry a gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast