• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in marching in a parade on Sunday?

johnny amish

imported post

Sorry about the short notice, I just found out about this tonight. Looking for some ocers to march in a parade in Arcadia, Sunday starts at noon. I'm a little sketchy on the details so if anyone has more details please let us know. Looks like the weather should be nice. Should be a good time and opportunity to promote oc.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

More details will be posted soon. Have several phones calls to make tomm.

So far we have...

Woodchuck

johnny amish

goforlow

BROKENSRPOKET

Support The 2nd

imported post

We are in it now folks!

Several OC advocates were invited to walk in the Parade with the Trempealeau County Republicans and gladly accepted. They contacted local LEO to get permission to carry as almost the entire route is in a school zone.

The OC advocates, some members of WCI, have been calling the Chief and the Mayor for two(2) days and haven't gotten any direct reply.

The Trempealeau County Republican Party responded today with the following:

I received the following message from our County Chairman, David Anderson:

"I received a call from Terry Madden, legal council for the City of Arcadia , and he told me that while they support the 2nd Amendment they believe that open carry would be too controversial for Arcadia. ~Dave"
Is this city attorney KIDDING ME? OC, a constitutional right, is "too controversial?"

There are several people preparing to participate in the parade. They will request permission, from local LEO, to carry in the parade the day of if they continue to DUCK OUR CALLS!

The OC advocates intend to participate even if they cannot carry, but they will have video and audio recordings of the refusal.

If Arcadia threatens any participants with arrest should they carry in a school zone, we would hope Arcadia would be added as ANOTHER defendant to the law suit. All video/audio will be made available to the WCI legal team.

If ANY NONE LEO carry ANY FIREARM, but the OC advocates are denied, we would hope this would bring a discrimination suit. Again, all audio/video will be made available to the WCI legal team.

The contact number for city of Arcadia is: 608-323-3359 I would encourage ALL individuals to call them ASAP and leave a message asking why exercising a constitutional right is "too controversial."

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sorry guys, I cannot make it. I will be at the Bob & Rocco show in Eagle River doing a membership drive.

Just be careful.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds fun. Good luck!

I won't be able to make it, I have plans that day. I also am selling my OC gun tomorrow, and won't be picking up my new one (Walther PPS...which is more for CC but it will also be my OC gun) until next week sometime. Then I'll need to find a holster for it as well, and get some range time with it.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

When I get off work in the moring, I am going to Arcadia do deposit my paycheck. Arcadia Credit Union is a little inconvienent but they have had my business for 20 years. I tried to find something more convienent, but the service and servicesat ACU cannot be matched. And they don't blink when I open carry there. I posted a while back how it would have broken my heart if I had to close my accounts if the denied my right to OC.

I don't know what this city attorney means by "too contraversial for Arcadia". I open carry ten or more businesses in Arcadia, including the Clinic and Emergancy Room. Peope do not react to it. How is that contraversial?

After I deposit my check, I will be going down to the City Hall and the PD(same building). I will let you know how it goes.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
I will send out a tweet to our members tomorrow on Twitter. We'll get the phones ringing at the city of Arcadia.
If the phones are sooo busy that they won't have time to talk to me, I will know its your fault.:lol::lol::lol:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
The contact number for city of Arcadia is: 608-323-3359 I would encourage ALL individuals to call them ASAP and leave a message asking why exercising a constitutional right is "too controversial."
When you call, you get an automated message. Dial 27 for the Mayor, and 29 for the Police Chief.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

An open-records request has been made of the City Clerk of the City of Arcadia requesting and and all documentation relating to the denial of the request of law-abiding citizens to open-carry in the parade (just as the color guard does with their rifles)

The City of Arcadia was also made aware (if they check their voicemail) that Wisconsin Carry has filed a federal lawsuit against 2 other municipalities who infringed upon the right of a law-abiding citizen to carry in a school zone.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

johnny amish wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

After I deposit my check, I will be going down to the City Hall and the PD(same building). I will let you know how it goes.

Good luck, carry on

Today was effin RE:dickless

Who wants to make a MWAG call tommorrow, so I can talk to the Chief of Police face to face. PM me your phone number.

I need to get two hours of sleep before I go back in for some overtime so I am out of commission for the rest of this day.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I just got done woiking 14s hours on 2 hours of sleep, 1 choc. chip cookie and 5 Mt Dews. I am taking a 4 hour nap, then I am going hunting for the Arcadia Chief of Police. :what:He had the doy off yesterday.