• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in marching in a parade on Sunday?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Apparently the Lions Club, who organized the parade, have now come forward and stated they will NOT ALLOW open carry in the parade by anyone other than the police or the veterans.

A second open records request will be submitted to determine IF any city officials made any attempt to "sway" the Lions decision.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Well, my son and I hung out in Arcadia (Sat.) today. Ate everything from cheese curds, corn dogs, chili cheese nachos and milk shakes. I certainly got the attention of LEO today. While we where watching the tractor pull, several noticed but noone blinked or asked. LEO where roaming around. I approached one to ask if the Chief was on duty. When asked why, I explained to get authorization to open carry in a school zone for the event of the parade, just like I am now and pointed. IF this officer had not noticed yet, he did now. I went back to the tractor pull. By the way, there was a motorized cart that went around selling pop and beer. Oh well.

I did find the Chief later, but at this point, all I wanted to say to him is that he is a coward. Would not return anyones phone calls or emails to even have a conversation. Instead, 'someone' put pressure on the Lions to contact us to request we do not carry. The Lions organize the parade and could have the TrempGOP pulled from the parade if the wanted to.

I was being survaled all day, but not one officer approached me. I did lock eye contact with the chief as I walked past him. Officers followed me again from there.

All in all, I still believe that Tremp. Co. has good LEO's. Not once have I been even asked about OC, everytime have encountered them. After all, when the state preemption law was enacted, the county board moved to remove all ordinance county wide, in every municipality.

This situation has not tainted my opinion. There is a difference between a citizen open carrying on daily basis during every day normal live situations and having a group of citizens asking for authorization to open carry through a school zone in a parade for every one to see.

Edited to say I worte this when I got home Sat. night but forgot to click on send until this morning.

M

McX

imported post

brokensproket, it was good to see you were afforded a personal security detatchment by the civil authorities while out at a public event. i'm jealous!

Geoff

imported post

Can I get that kind of service every day so I don't have to worry about the hassles of vehicle transport and school zones?

Of course, just because the LEOs are near by doesn't mean they'd actually help if needed.

G

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

McX wrote:
brokensproket, it was good to see you were afforded a personal security detatchment by the civil authorities while out at a public event. i'm jealous!
I think that they are sooo glad I don't drink anymore that they don't care if I carry a gun. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

M

McX

imported post

i found a recent pic of one of the policemen who may have followed you!

Canard

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Apparently the Lions Club, who organized the parade, have now come forward and stated they will NOT ALLOW open carry in the parade by anyone other than the police or the veterans.

A second open records request will be submitted to determine IF any city officials made any attempt to "sway" the Lions decision.

Interesting...I suppose it is their parade so they can choose who is in it but they don't get to decide who can or cannot carry in a school zone or on public property for that matter. Might be worth standing along the parade route with the banner and open carrying. I also think it is absurd that a club that is supporting an event that honors those who have fought and died for our country and the rights of it's citizens would, in the same breath, deny those same rights to people participating in the parade. Can you say hypocritical?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Canard wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

Interesting...I suppose it is their parade so they can choose who is in it but they don't get to decide who can or cannot carry in a school zone or on public property for that matter. Might be worth standing along the parade route with the banner and open carrying. I also think it is absurd that a club that is supporting an event that honors those who have fought and died for our country and the rights of it's citizens would, in the same breath, deny those same rights to people participating in the parade. Can you say hypocritical?
OK so what if you don't walk in the parade but up the sidewalks adjacent to the parade? You could walk among the spectators and hand out those same pamphlets.

AaronS

imported post

Canard wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

I agree 100%. I would like to hear the answer if I could ask the Lions why they do not support the rights of the American people. I would have to do a quick follow-up, and ask why the Lions do not support America anymore, and what the groups real goal is. My respect is earned, and the Lions just lost it.

goforlow

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

While I think the Lions club was forced to make this choice so the COWARD mayor didn't have to, not all veterans were allowed to open carry.

I AM A VETERAN, and I was not allowed to carry.

While I believe brokensproket, I have a hard time trusting a police chief and mayor who blatantly refuse to answer emails and phone calls to avoid an issue that they are afraid of.

goforlow

imported post

As for the rest of the parade, it went pretty well. brokensproket, woodchuck and myself handed out well in excess of 500 of the Wisconsin Gun Laws pamphlets.

I would also like to throw out a THANK YOU to brokensprokets son and my wife (both WCI members) who carried our WCI banner the entire parade route.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

goforlow wrote:
As for the rest of the parade, it went pretty well. brokensproket, woodchuck and myself handed out well in excess of 500 of the Wisconsin Gun Laws pamphlets.

I would also like to throw out a THANK YOU to brokensprokets son and my wife (both WCI members) who carried our WCI banner the entire parade route.
What troopers too. The parade route was well over one mile long.