Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Screwed By The Cooch OR

Post imported post

Most of you are aware of AG Ken Cuccinelli's support of GMU banning guns on campus, even though, at a VCDL meeting, before his election, he described the University's position as "indefensible" size=Most of you are aware of AG Ken Cuccinelli’s support of GMU banning guns on campus, even though, at a VCDL meeting, before his election, he described the University’s position as “indefensible”. ttp://www.youtube.com/user/vaguninfo#p/u/20/3bx1ZIusXiU

In a courageous and principled move, VCDL has called him out for his shameful behavior, as well they should. Gun owners put Cuccinelli well over the top and got him elected and now he's betrayed us. His duty is to protect the citizens of Virginia and the Constitution of Virginia, not an institution. Part of Virginia's Constitution is RKBA, which he conveniently seems to have forgotten.

We now have to decide what to do with an AG who lied to us and dishonored those who supported him. He has slapped us in the face with the gauntlet, but we're no longer allowed to challenge him to a duel on the field of honor. Likewise, tarring and feathering is frowned upon. However, there is still a carryover from the horse and buggy days that has merit and enormous clout; shunning.

Shunning is defined as: "...the act of deliberately avoiding association with, and habitually keeping away from, an individual or group...". Usually because that person has brought shame upon the group or has betrayed the groups beliefs.

Well, if anyone has done that to gun owners it is Ken Cuccinelli.

The practical act of shunning Cuccinelli (sorry, I used to call him Ken and used to call him a friend. Just can't anymore) is simple. We start by not attending any fundraisers or other meetings he attends. He has a paintball fundraiser coming up. Spread the word far and wide, nobody show up. He'll have campaign rallies for higher office. Nobody donate a cent. Let min fade into the obscurity of politicians like Jack Rollison of Jean Marie Devolites-Davis. Who?

Lest any of you believe this is too harsh, let me point out that before; long before VCDL went public with its condemnation of the AG, we asked him to explain his then proposed comments, why he was supporting the firearms ban at GMU and to please reconsider. Not ONE SINGLE WORD came from him or his office. VCDL gave him every chance to change or explain. Silence reigned supreme.

I do not speak for VCDL or represent them. I am a lifelong gun owner, retired LEO and VA resident who contributed to Cuccinelli's campaign. I'm angry and disappointed beyond belief.

When you buy a new car and it goes bad, you drag it back to the dealer, dump it on the lot and say "give me a new one or give me my money back". What do we do with a bad AG?

Dave Vann

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Elsewhere I read the what my be the best and shortest description yet of how many feel over this -

Attorney General, Ken Brady Cuccinelli

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Absolutely despicable.

Him and McDonnell are proving how much they're really worth.

Post imported post

The problem with shunning him is that for all intents and purposes neither he nor the rest of the state will be aware that he is being shunned.

On the other hand, there was traction gained by holding up signs outside The Republican Roundup for Rep. Cantor. A few signs held up outside his activities, especially fundraisers, may draw attention from the faithful and the press. A few dozen signs is even more likely to gain attention.

Keep it short & sweet - AG SELLS GUN OWNERS DOWN THE RIVER beats several paragraphs.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Haven't seen a Mea Culpa from Ken Brady yet. Does he really think he has a future in Virginia politics with the nickname Ken Brady???

The protests need to become a constant drum beat. No political rest until he recants and apologizes. (Then we shun him). This isn't just about venting our frustration, this is about making an example out of the traitor.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

No one is loved by everyone all of time.

The AG has done great things for gun owners in Virginia. We would be foolish to expect any politician to do everything correctly all of the time. In light of Cuccinelli's past accomplishments and activism for gun rights, I'd like to hear an explantion for his stance before I throw him under the Brady bus.

just sayin'.....
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

The AG has done great things for gun owners in Virginia. We would be foolish to expect any politician to do everything correctly all of the time. In light of Cuccinelli's past accomplishments and activism for gun rights, I'd like to hear an explantion for his stance before I throw him under the Brady bus.

just sayin'.....
    Yep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....
    I've been thinking the same thing. This is the mainreason I muted my comment when I first read the brief.

You would have a long list of good things he did for gun owners while a state senator.

I half wonder if he even realized the import of what was written. Did a staff attorney write it? Was Ken a little rushed when he read it? We don't really know, yet.

He was one our best friends in the General Assembly. Really stuck his neck out sometimes, considering the liberality of his district.

I too would like to find out more before I counter-attack. Friends like that are too hard to come by. No sense alienating a good friend over something unintentional.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....
    He is on record (video) as stating the opposite of what his brief said. I was there myself when he said it.

I'm still holding my comments on Ken until I hear his response. But I will continue to say that the brief he put his name on is just plain wrong and contradicts what he told us gun owners.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....
    He is on record (video) as stating the opposite of what his brief said. I was there myself when he said it.

I'm still holding my comments on Ken until I hear his response. But I will continue to say that the brief he put his name on is just plain wrong and contradicts what he told us gun owners.
    and people do change their mind about things..... Let's say that on the face, he was on our side. Then, he sits down, reads, ponders, reflects, and decides that his original assessment was incorrect.

Should we expect him to go against his conscience and what he knows to be right in his heart and his legal opinion, based on the fact that he once opposed it and stated so?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    SNIP and people do change their mind about things..... Let's say that on the face, he was on our side. Then, he sits down, reads, ponders, reflects, and decides that his original assessment was incorrect.

Should we expect him to go against his conscience and what he knows to be right in his heart and his legal opinion, based on the fact that he once opposed it and stated so?
    No. In that case we just refer to him as Ken Brady and throw him under the bus, the train, and any ships that pass by the Harbor Master of Hopewell.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....

and people do change their mind about things..... Let's say that on the face, he was on our side. Then, he sits down, reads, ponders, reflects, and decides that his original assessment was incorrect.

That's the question, isn't it?

I don't like the wording at all...but, I also trust Cuccinelli. I don't trust McDonnell at all, but we seem mighty quick to turn on Ken while patting McDonnell on the back for pretty much nothing.

This reminds me of Professional Wrestling.

Post imported post

Had plenty of time to think about this and concede that we would do well to allow this to play out.

Things are not always as they seem.

The end result is what counts, no matter how you get there.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Had plenty of time to think about this and concede that we would do well to allow this to play out.

Things are not always as they seem.

The end result is what counts, no matter how you get there.

Yata hey
    This, +1

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    The AG has done great things for gun owners in Virginia.
    Such as??????

As AG, I mean.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    and any ships that pass by the Harbor Master of Hopewell.
    I like the reference Citizen.

FTR - I am reserving judgement on Cooch at this time. He has done a lot for us, he shouldn't be thrown under the bus at he drop of a hat.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Is it possible he 'conceded' on this, mostly minor issue, to not look like a right wing, tea party, gun nut zealot to the masses in order to give future actions more credibility?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Ken Cuccinelli wrote:
    [flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Ken is eating out a lot on being affiliated with the Tea Party movement, we heard more on his censoring of the state seal and his walkback of that move. I think he may have taken the position that gun owners can't go anywhere else come election day and thinks he can afford to throw us under the bus.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    The AG has done great things for gun owners in Virginia.
    Such as??????

As AG, I mean.
    I meant the man himself, not necessarily as AG (its only been 5 months).
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

buster81 wrote: See? Everyone who stands up yelling "the sky is falling" only gives idiots like Dan Casey something to write about...
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

you guys know of course that GMU is Ken's alma mater. Guess the dean had a chat with him and the fidelity to the constitution on which he campaigned suddenly was not as critical as he thought.

Post imported post

longwatch said it. Politicians love it when they can screw you because they think you can't go anywhere else.

You guys act like Cuccinelli is your friend, maybe you've spoken to him, even ate lunch with him or something. But in the end, he is a politician in a position of authority over you, and it in his political interest to screw you to the maximum extent he can get away with it and still survive politically.

You don't talk to cops.

And you don't trust a politician.

So try not to be in denial and "give him a chance". As has been stated, VCDL already gave his office plenty of time to respond, and he blew us all off.

I think I'll go put my Virginia flag up. The one with the bare breast on the seal, not Cooch's G-rated pansy version.

Post imported post

Much remains to be seen/heard on this.

IMHO - way too soon to be burning bridges.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Much remains to be seen/heard on this.

IMHO - way too soon to be burning bridges.

Yata hey
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast