• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Screwed By The Cooch OR

Vanns40

imported post

[align=left]Most of you are aware of AG Ken Cuccinelli's support of GMU banning guns on campus, even though, at a VCDL meeting, before his election, he described the University's position as "indefensible" size=Most of you are aware of AG Ken Cuccinelli’s support of GMU banning guns on campus, even though, at a VCDL meeting, before his election, he described the University’s position as “indefensible”. ttp://www.youtube.com/user/vaguninfo#p/u/20/3bx1ZIusXiU[/align]

[align=left]In a courageous and principled move, VCDL has called him out for his shameful behavior, as well they should. Gun owners put Cuccinelli well over the top and got him elected and now he's betrayed us. His duty is to protect the citizens of Virginia and the Constitution of Virginia, not an institution. Part of Virginia's Constitution is RKBA, which he conveniently seems to have forgotten.[/align]

[align=left]We now have to decide what to do with an AG who lied to us and dishonored those who supported him. He has slapped us in the face with the gauntlet, but we're no longer allowed to challenge him to a duel on the field of honor. Likewise, tarring and feathering is frowned upon. However, there is still a carryover from the horse and buggy days that has merit and enormous clout; shunning.[/align]

[align=left]Shunning is defined as: "...the act of deliberately avoiding association with, and habitually keeping away from, an individual or group...". Usually because that person has brought shame upon the group or has betrayed the groups beliefs.[/align]

[align=left]Well, if anyone has done that to gun owners it is Ken Cuccinelli.[/align]

[align=left]The practical act of shunning Cuccinelli (sorry, I used to call him Ken and used to call him a friend. Just can't anymore) is simple. We start by not attending any fundraisers or other meetings he attends. He has a paintball fundraiser coming up. Spread the word far and wide, nobody show up. He'll have campaign rallies for higher office. Nobody donate a cent. Let min fade into the obscurity of politicians like Jack Rollison of Jean Marie Devolites-Davis. Who?[/align]

[align=left]Lest any of you believe this is too harsh, let me point out that before; long before VCDL went public with its condemnation of the AG, we asked him to explain his then proposed comments, why he was supporting the firearms ban at GMU and to please reconsider. Not ONE SINGLE WORD came from him or his office. VCDL gave him every chance to change or explain. Silence reigned supreme.[/align]

[align=left]I do not speak for VCDL or represent them. I am a lifelong gun owner, retired LEO and VA resident who contributed to Cuccinelli's campaign. I'm angry and disappointed beyond belief.[/align]

[align=left]When you buy a new car and it goes bad, you drag it back to the dealer, dump it on the lot and say "give me a new one or give me my money back". What do we do with a bad AG?[/align]

[align=left]Dave Vann[/align]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Elsewhere I read the what my be the best and shortest description yet of how many feel over this -

Attorney General, Ken Brady Cuccinelli

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The problem with shunning him is that for all intents and purposes neither he nor the rest of the state will be aware that he is being shunned.

On the other hand, there was traction gained by holding up signs outside The Republican Roundup for Rep. Cantor. A few signs held up outside his activities, especially fundraisers, may draw attention from the faithful and the press. A few dozen signs is even more likely to gain attention.

Keep it short & sweet - AG SELLS GUN OWNERS DOWN THE RIVER beats several paragraphs.

stay safe.

Thundar

imported post

Haven't seen a Mea Culpa from Ken Brady yet. Does he really think he has a future in Virginia politics with the nickname Ken Brady???

The protests need to become a constant drum beat. No political rest until he recants and apologizes. (Then we shun him). This isn't just about venting our frustration, this is about making an example out of the traitor.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

No one is loved by everyone all of time.

The AG has done great things for gun owners in Virginia. We would be foolish to expect any politician to do everything correctly all of the time. In light of Cuccinelli's past accomplishments and activism for gun rights, I'd like to hear an explantion for his stance before I throw him under the Brady bus.

just sayin'.....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:

The AG has done great things for gun owners in Virginia. We would be foolish to expect any politician to do everything correctly all of the time. In light of Cuccinelli's past accomplishments and activism for gun rights, I'd like to hear an explantion for his stance before I throw him under the Brady bus.

just sayin'.....
Yep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....
I've been thinking the same thing. This is the mainreason I muted my comment when I first read the brief.

You would have a long list of good things he did for gun owners while a state senator.

I half wonder if he even realized the import of what was written. Did a staff attorney write it? Was Ken a little rushed when he read it? We don't really know, yet.

He was one our best friends in the General Assembly. Really stuck his neck out sometimes, considering the liberality of his district.

I too would like to find out more before I counter-attack. Friends like that are too hard to come by. No sense alienating a good friend over something unintentional.

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....
He is on record (video) as stating the opposite of what his brief said. I was there myself when he said it.

I'm still holding my comments on Ken until I hear his response. But I will continue to say that the brief he put his name on is just plain wrong and contradicts what he told us gun owners.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

nova wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....
He is on record (video) as stating the opposite of what his brief said. I was there myself when he said it.

I'm still holding my comments on Ken until I hear his response. But I will continue to say that the brief he put his name on is just plain wrong and contradicts what he told us gun owners.

and people do change their mind about things..... Let's say that on the face, he was on our side. Then, he sits down, reads, ponders, reflects, and decides that his original assessment was incorrect.

Should we expect him to go against his conscience and what he knows to be right in his heart and his legal opinion, based on the fact that he once opposed it and stated so?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
SNIP and people do change their mind about things..... Let's say that on the face, he was on our side. Then, he sits down, reads, ponders, reflects, and decides that his original assessment was incorrect.

Should we expect him to go against his conscience and what he knows to be right in his heart and his legal opinion, based on the fact that he once opposed it and stated so?
No. In that case we just refer to him as Ken Brady and throw him under the bus, the train, and any ships that pass by the Harbor Master of Hopewell. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
nova wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

just sayin'.....

and people do change their mind about things..... Let's say that on the face, he was on our side. Then, he sits down, reads, ponders, reflects, and decides that his original assessment was incorrect.

That's the question, isn't it?

I don't like the wording at all...but, I also trust Cuccinelli. I don't trust McDonnell at all, but we seem mighty quick to turn on Ken while patting McDonnell on the back for pretty much nothing.

This reminds me of Professional Wrestling.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Had plenty of time to think about this and concede that we would do well to allow this to play out.

Things are not always as they seem.

The end result is what counts, no matter how you get there.

Yata hey

curtiswr

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Had plenty of time to think about this and concede that we would do well to allow this to play out.

Things are not always as they seem.

The end result is what counts, no matter how you get there.

Yata hey
This, +1

VAopencarry

imported post

Citizen wrote:
and any ships that pass by the Harbor Master of Hopewell. :D
:lol::lol: I like the reference Citizen.

FTR - I am reserving judgement on Cooch at this time. He has done a lot for us, he shouldn't be thrown under the bus at he drop of a hat.

VAopencarry

imported post

Is it possible he 'conceded' on this, mostly minor issue, to not look like a right wing, tea party, gun nut zealot to the masses in order to give future actions more credibility?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ken Cuccinelli wrote:
[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Ken is eating out a lot on being affiliated with the Tea Party movement, we heard more on his censoring of the state seal and his walkback of that move. I think he may have taken the position that gun owners can't go anywhere else come election day and thinks he can afford to throw us under the bus.