• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sent an Email to Dan Maes and Scott McInnis about Constitutional Carry and Open Carrying

Who will you vote for to govern Colorado?

• Total voters

zig-zag

imported post

GOA has an artile on Dan Maes and they don't seem to like the answers he gave or would not give. My opinion is never trust a politican!

ooghost1oo

imported post

By the way--never got a response from McInnis or Hickenlooper. Never expected one from the leftist bastard, but the lack of response from McInnis shows that he's out of touch with his base.

I went back and forth three times with Dan Maes.

ooghost1oo

Guess Scott McInnis got caught in a lie. Just like I thought (never responded to my letter about gun rights, unlike Dan Maes), he's a 'typical politician' posing as a Conservative. They say he might not be able to recover from this.

Vote Dan Maes in the Republican Primaries. He's the real deal.

zach

Mr. Maes seems to have a few issues that need to be addressed as well.

Once again it's seems like, we the people, are left with choosing between the lesser of two evils.

Gunslinger

Mr. Maes seems to have a few issues that need to be addressed as well.

Once again it's seems like, we the people, are left with choosing between the lesser of two evils.
We should go with the best candidate on our side of course. But if the devil himself was running against that pos hick-in-loop, I'd not only vote for him but send him a campaign donation.

ooghost1oo

We should go with the best candidate on our side of course. But if the devil himself was running against that pos hick-in-loop, I'd not only vote for him but send him a campaign donation.

Exactly.

I'll be voting for Dan Maes and helping him in any way I can, because he's the best. And he responded to my letters in a way I liked (unless he lied).

But if Dan loses the primary to McInnis, I'll vote McInnis in the main race, because we've got to keep our eyes on the prize and vote AGAINST Hickenlooper and Obama's agenda.

cscitney87

We have a real old fashion American NEED for a solid candidate. I just was daydreaming now after reading the thread and thought about what I would say if I ran.

I mean it's like a basic formula if you break it down far enough. You are a regular guy with a job. You file the papers and do what you need to do to run for office. You literally just run on the platform that "you are a regular ass Joe 40oz" and that you understand the basic problem. You be real about needing money to rent an office space and to get volunteers to run it. You will be real about phone calls and have your office staff record every question this and that. Real representation. Not fake representation. So on and so fourth.

Does nobody out there actually do that? I mean what's in the way? When you file papers to become a candidate are you magically devoid of all emotion?

It seems easy enough to relate to me and you and the guy next to you at least in basic principles of the fact that nobody in Washington represents their state or area of state.

I would be all in Congress like "Jame15@yahoo.com Wrote that you congressmen and women..." and "Sallie Sam from my district wants...."

Flyer22

Guess Scott McInnis got caught in a lie. Just like I thought (never responded to my letter about gun rights, unlike Dan Maes), he's a 'typical politician' posing as a Conservative. They say he might not be able to recover from this.

Vote Dan Maes in the Republican Primaries. He's the real deal.

Maes is also unelectable. After he pays the $17,500 fine, he will be left with almost no money at all. Meanwhile Hickenlooper is going merrily along, raising money. Even if Maes wins the primary, he will never be able to erase the fund-raising deficit in time.

And by the way, I have met McInnis. If he's not a real conservative, then he's the best actor in the world. The man could write a textbook on the division of power between levels of government and the proper role of each level.

zach

Exactly.

I'll be voting for Dan Maes and helping him in any way I can, because he's the best. And he responded to my letters in a way I liked (unless he lied).

But if Dan loses the primary to McInnis, I'll vote McInnis in the main race, because we've got to keep our eyes on the prize and vote AGAINST Hickenlooper and Obama's agenda.

That's what the folks in California did, look where they are now.... They voted for Arnold to keep the Dems out of office and ended up with one big Rhino. Arizona comes to mind with McLame.

As long as conservatives keep settling for a lesser of two evils, then that's what you are gonna get. There are very few Republicans that I actually have respect for.

Myself, I'm tired of it and I won't support a candidate that I don't believe (in). I don't care if he is the lesser of two evils. More than likely, I'll write in a name. That is unless Tancredo can somehow get involved.

ooghost1oo

That's what the folks in California did, look where they are now.... They voted for Arnold to keep the Dems out of office and ended up with one big Rhino. Arizona comes to mind with McLame.

As long as conservatives keep settling for a lesser of two evils, then that's what you are gonna get. There are very few Republicans that I actually have respect for.

Myself, I'm tired of it and I won't support a candidate that I don't believe (in). I don't care if he is the lesser of two evils. More than likely, I'll write in a name. That is unless Tancredo can somehow get involved.

And your voting for nothing will be one vote toward the greater enemy (Hickenlooper) getting into office and continuing pushing Colorado towards liberalism and working to take away our gun rights, among other things.

You've got to keep an eye on the big picture, Zach. Strategy. No matter who we have in office, you have the ability to still work for your own particular agenda, but some elected officials will make it more difficult for you to express your voice than others. And some will positively quash your freedoms.

Nobody is perfect. You take the candidate who closest represents your values, or at least will stand in the way of what you want to accomplish the least, and work with what you've got.

I hated trying to make a difference in 2008 to defeat Obama, and seeing so many Libertarians throwing their vote away because no candidate was perfect. It helped put a Communist in the Whitehouse, and either not not voting (pouting) or casting a bull**** vote (sanctioning the enemy) will be a vote for Hickenlooper and the furthering of Bill Ritter and Obama's destruction of Liberty.

Note: I know no one ever really listens when it comes to challenging their personal view of politics, but at least think about it.

Last edited:

ooghost1oo

Update: Pushing to help Dan Maes in the Primaries

From the Facebook Group:
Make Colorado a FREE STATE! - Vote Dan Maes for Governor
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120921514621244

-------------------------------------------------

Don't care about Politics?
Well, you should.
Politics care about you.

Colorado is in a unique swing status right now, where we could either sway into becoming a nanny-state under federal control (like New York or California), or dig into our roots and become a FREE STATE.

This isn't about Republican, Democrat, Independent--whatever.

One of the greatest tricks the tyrants ever did was to distract us with division by parties. When the Left does something terrible and crushing to freedom, the people who identify themselves with the Left say, "well, YOUR president BUSH did THIS and THAT!" instead of looking at the bigger picture and real threat to Liberty.

-----

Right now we have three main people fighting for the governor's seat:

John Hickenlooper
Scott McInnis
and Dan Maes

Hickenlooper is nothing more than the successor to Bill Ritter, an incompetent big-government tyrant-supporter who will be a rubber stamp for Obama and his tyrannical agenda, someone who doesn't believe in Federalism (independent states making their own laws) and will raise your taxes, try to take away your rights (free speech and the right to defend yourself), and submit to whatever plot the Leftists in Washington DC decree. He is Colorado's Obama. But then again, if you understand why Obama is such a poison to freedom, you won't be voting for Hickenlooper anyway, will you?

Scott McInnis claims to be the 'Conservative' candidate, but is the lesser man and is NOT the freedom-minded activist he's trying to make himself out to be. He's a career politician, and he's riding on the wave of the peoples' current political atmosphere, like politicians do. He's never responeded to my letters or my questions (as Dan Maes did), because he doesn't care about us and is out of touch with the people. Whatever sort of Republican he may be, he's not the true Conservative. And his recent scandal only reinforces the typical politician BS.

Dan Maes is the peoples' candidate. A true Conservative and a business man with the experience to 'manage' Colorado and its budget with 20 years small business experience that McInnis does not have. I saw him speak at a Tea Party Rally, and he's the real deal. We've conversed via email. He has built his popularity by traveling around Colorado and meeting its people.

-----

Gun rights are my particular fight, and in my emails with Dan Maes he told me:

- He would support a 'Constitutional Carry', Vermont/Alaska/Arizona style (concealed carry without a permit for law-abiding citizens), because he supports out right to carry unharrassed.
- He would revoke all the extra BS anti-gun restrictions of Denver County

He's also said that he will enact laws to protect us from illegal immigrants (similar to Arizona), and would take the axe to the bloated state budget.

-----

Vote in your primaries (August 10th), and support Dan Maes. Scott McInnis is a weak candidate, and is not the man we need to turn Colorado's path back toward freedom and the Constitution. And we must defeat Hickenlooper at all costs.

McInnis and Hickenlooper are politicians with a lot of money. Hickenlooper has MILLIONS, since he's being groomed by Obama. Dan Maes is just a grassroots Conservative with a whole lot less resources to work with, so he relies on Coloradans to spread the word and help the cause of freedom.

So get involved. DEFEND LIBERTY BEFORE IT'S LOST! If you're 'not involved' with politics, then GET IN, because we're at a critical time, never before in American history, where your freedoms that you take for granted and have known all your life may be TAKEN AWAY.

If you're Republican, vote in the Primaries for Dan Maes. If you're an Independent, go with the governor that will make Colorado stand on its own, lower taxes, and support the Constitution, our Country's LAW and IDEALS. If you're a Democrat, and you're finally learning what a mistake it was to vote a Communist into the Whitehouse, change over to Republican (it's a NEW Republican party--it's about Freedom and Liberty, not about *Bush*) and support Dan Maes in the Primaries and the main election.

Help make Colorado a FREE STATE. Vote Dan Maes.

Flyer22

I'm going to repeat myself, but with more details. The Secretary of State has a website where anybody can see how much money political candidates have raised.
http://tracer.sos.colorado.gov/PublicSite/HomePage.aspx

The latest reports have just been filed, and here are the results.
McInnis has raised a cumulative total of $2,066,677 and has $457,924 on hand.
In contrast, Maes has raised a cumulative total of only $172,823 and has a whopping $19,818 on hand.
Hickenlooper has raised a cumulative total of $2,229,591 and has $148,760 on hand.

You cannot run a state-wide campaign on peanuts!

This may sound harsh, but I'll say it anyway--in my opinion, a vote for Maes in the primary is essentially a vote to continue the anti-gun policies of the Democrats, because if Maes wins the primary, Hickenlooper will inevitably win the general!

ooghost1oo

I'm going to repeat myself, but with more details. The Secretary of State has a website where anybody can see how much money political candidates have raised.
http://tracer.sos.colorado.gov/PublicSite/HomePage.aspx

The latest reports have just been filed, and here are the results.
McInnis has raised a cumulative total of $2,066,677 and has $457,924 on hand.
In contrast, Maes has raised a cumulative total of only $172,823 and has a whopping $19,818 on hand.
Hickenlooper has raised a cumulative total of $2,229,591 and has $148,760 on hand.

You cannot run a state-wide campaign on peanuts!

This may sound harsh, but I'll say it anyway--in my opinion, a vote for Maes in the primary is essentially a vote to continue the anti-gun policies of the Democrats, because if Maes wins the primary, Hickenlooper will inevitably win the general!

I'm not totally sure how it works, but I'm pretty sure that if Maes wins the primaries, he'll have the 'Republican purse' to work with, like a presidential candidate would. That's why anyone can run for office, rich or poor.

ooghost1oo

I've never hear of this "purse" you refer to. Not even the presidential candidates get an automatic gift from the losing candidate.

This:
http://www.commoncause.org/site/pp.asp?c=dkLNK1MQIwG&b=1389223

I don't know if it applies to governor candidates, though.

But whether it exists or not, it doesn't matter. Maes has been neck-and-neck with McInnis all this time, DESPITE his lack of resources, because he travels all over and doing the grass-roots thing. Despite no commercials, etc., he's still made a name for himself, has the backing of the Tea Party (which McInnis does NOT), and is well-liked by real conservatives.

The "Maes cannot win" thing is propaganda to make people like you avoid voting for him.

He has a chance, and is the real Conservative. Vote for him in the primaries, then support McInnis if Maes loses.

Dan Maes's strength is in the grassroots and people volunteering. So if you think he doesn't have the money to compete with evil bastard Chickenlooper, donate or volunteer your time to help spread the word. We can do this.

Last edited:

zach

I think the link you provided refers to public money and doesn't apply to private donations. After all if I donated to candidate X, but candidate Y won the Primary, I don't know if I would like my money going to support someone I didn't have enough belief in to donate to in the first place.

I'd have to say that if Tancredo can get in, he's got my vote.

Please don't try to sell me on the fact that if I vote for X it's a wasted vote and I'm doing nothing more than empowering the Liberal candidate.

You've got your reasons for standing behind Maes, I've got mine for backing the candidates I believe in. As I stated before, I'm tired of voting for whatever the Republican party throws out there.

Anubis

Please don't try to sell me on the fact that if I vote for X it's a wasted vote and I'm doing nothing more than empowering the Liberal candidate.

Damn straight! If I vote for a 3rd party candidate and he loses, I don't care whether the winner is a Republican or Democrat, I didn't like either one. The process is the process, loaded to allow only 2 real parties. I have voted in every presidential election since 1972 and no candidate for whom I voted has ever won. That's life.

Long ago I gave up thinking anyone would ever be the candidate of my dreams. One thing all politicians have in common is that they will answer any question, or say anything, in the manner they and their handlers think will best contribute to their only goal: getting elected or appointed to office. A recent example is Sotomayor stating she agreed with the Heller decision to get confirmed, and then voting against the McDonald decision. How can you tell a politician is lying?

Last edited: