Thread: Det. Gordon Martines Running for Clark County Sheriff Answers Gun Related Questions.

Post imported post

702Shooter Interview:

Detective Gordon Martines of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is running for Clark County NV Sheriff. Today he spent some time with us to answer a few gun related questions.

http://www.702shooter.com/community-...ark-county-nv/

Post imported post

I like his comments about the CCW. Let me paraphrase, you don't have a vehicle model specific DL so why should you for a CCW.

That's the best analogy I've heard. The same DL will let you drive everything from a Smart car to a Corvette. Why shouldn't it apply to firearms.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Yeah, I kinda chuckled when he said that.

By the same logic, if you can pass the background check to buy a handgun then why jump through more hoops for CCW?

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

Post imported post

702Shooter wrote:

By the same logic, if you can pass the background check to buy a handgun then why jump through more hoops for CCW?
    By the same logic, if you can be trusted with a car and with a vote, you can be trusted with a gun -- OC or CCW.

Post imported post

DVC wrote:
    702Shooter wrote:

By the same logic, if you can be trusted with a car and with a vote, you can be trusted with a gun -- OC or CCW.
    Not really much logic there at all. Guns are guns. Cars are not guns. A felon can legally own a car but by law can not be trusted with a gun.

Post imported post

I am for Constitutional carry (See AZ's new carry law, as well as VT and AK's existing laws) So I would say, If you have proven that you can legally own a handgun, then why have to jump through any hoops at all to carry?? OC or CC??

Personally, I am a firm believer in the ENTIRE 2nd Amendment including the "Shall not be infringed" part... God Bless THE USA!!
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

Post imported post

I couldn't agree more.