• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Det. Gordon Martines Running for Clark County Sheriff Answers Gun Related Questions.

Sabotage70

imported post

I like his comments about the CCW. Let me paraphrase, you don't have a vehicle model specific DL so why should you for a CCW.

That's the best analogy I've heard. The same DL will let you drive everything from a Smart car to a Corvette. Why shouldn't it apply to firearms.

702Shooter

imported post

Yeah, I kinda chuckled when he said that. :)

By the same logic, if you can pass the background check to buy a handgun then why jump through more hoops for CCW?

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

702Shooter wrote:

By the same logic, if you can pass the background check to buy a handgun then why jump through more hoops for CCW?
By the same logic, if you can be trusted with a car and with a vote, you can be trusted with a gun -- OC or CCW.

702Shooter

imported post

DVC wrote:
702Shooter wrote:

By the same logic, if you can be trusted with a car and with a vote, you can be trusted with a gun -- OC or CCW.
Not really much logic there at all. Guns are guns. Cars are not guns. A felon can legally own a car but by law can not be trusted with a gun.

SCJeffro

imported post

I am for Constitutional carry (See AZ's new carry law, as well as VT and AK's existing laws) So I would say, If you have proven that you can legally own a handgun, then why have to jump through any hoops at all to carry?? OC or CC??

Personally, I am a firm believer in the ENTIRE 2nd Amendment including the "Shall not be infringed" part... God Bless THE USA!!