Thread: Had dinner with 3 Cops while OCing!

Post imported post

I bought this nice TLR3 (Light Attachment) $50off of KSL up in Clinton, plus pick out a puppy for the boys in Hooper. The family and I stopped to get some thing to eat at the Carl's Jr on the way back to SL County.

In walks 3 Clearfield Cops, I thought great someone placed a "MWAG" call. No, they ordered their food, and sat behind me. (I sat in their spot first but my kids moved overto the south side so I sat with them.) The spot I picked out was my back to the front glass, watching both south and northwest entrances.

The first Cop to sit down to eat, looked at my gun once he settle in his chair. (My wife told me) I got up to get a "refill" and nothing. Either they were too hungry to say something, or could not care otherwise.

So, now I can say I had dinner with 3 Cops while Ocing, Sort-of.
    Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

That is awesome!what agency?

Post imported post

ClearField Police Department.

I went to DMV to renew my DL and you want to talk about being "Papered" wait until you to that process.

Anyways, OCing at the Draper Location, and I was waiting for the guy to get done "papering"me, and in walks the Security Guard (CBI). I notice someone walking in the exit door, he eye balls me and I him, he sits down like he is waiting for "his turn" to get "papered." I have my 3 year old running wild, (people and thier kids)

I get my tempory DL, gather up Jr., and walk past the SG and look to see if he is carry, didn't see any firearm? I smile big and say, "How ya doing?" He smile back and said fine. How does that work send in an unarmed man to check out an armed man? lol

Nothing like wearing a Cowboy hat and an American t-shirt and looking likeOsama Bin Ladens cousin,it draws a lot of attention!
    Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

Between the combination of eating out every day and somehow picking places popular with law enforcement, I've honestly lost count of the number of times I've been in a restaurant with police officers. The last time was 3 days ago at the Cafe Rio in Bountiful. A table with 6 police officers was right next to mine. It's funny, but a few of my co-workers still seem convinced that an officer will jump me at first sight. Much to their disappointment, I've never gotten more than a polite smile and greeting.

Frankly, I prefer to have officers in the place; if anything, I tend to relax a little. If they are right there, I figure they have point if something bad starts to go down.

Post imported post

leeland wrote:
    Between the combination of eating out every day and somehow picking places popular with law enforcement, I've honestly lost count of the number of times I've been in a restaurant with police officers. The last time was 3 days ago at the Cafe Rio in Bountiful. A table with 6 police officers was right next to mine. It's funny, but a few of my co-workers still seem convinced that an officer will jump me at first sight. Much to their disappointment, I've never gotten more than a polite smile and greeting.

Frankly, I prefer to have officers in the place; if anything, I tend to relax a little. If they are right there, I figure they have point if something bad starts to go down.
    Bountiful PD does seem to understand Oc a bit better than other departments, like West Valley.