Thread: Walmart UOC: brief cordial encounter with store staff

Post imported post

Hello All,

After at least 6 shopping visits to Walmart in Livermore, CA while UOC with no "contact" I had a brief interaction with employees this evening.

Had this gone bad this recording may have been needed for other uses. It went well though. This is a fine example of why it is a must to UOC with a recording device at ALL TIMES.

The assistant manager can be heard asking "...are you a police officer?" Also, "Do you have a permit to have a gun in the store?"

As far as I know, Walmart corporate does not have a negative policy on firearms carried by patrons and there certainly is not a sign on the door making any related statements.

Anyway - I hope your interactions go this well.

Carry On!

Livermoron

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1e4...-27-10_UOC.mp3

Post imported post

Walmart policy is to follow state law. Starbucks got a lot of press for that, but Walmart had that policy long before they did.

If there are any problems at Walmart giving you problems when you're in accordance with state law, simply make calls up the chain of command. If you dig around on the forum (or someone provides) there's a great guy in their security department, I believe he's a regional director thereof, who is helpful and willing to correct store managers if they get their policy wrong.

It's pretty surprising that they even said anything to you about it at all, tbh. I expect better than that from Walmart.

Post imported post

What is with this "filefactory" crap! If you must jump through hoops to listen to your MP3, why bother listening.

Post imported post

Good interaction. You were prepared; having both some information to pass out and your recorder running. The reaction from the Wal*mart employee sounded like they responded well to your answers- that can at least partly be attributed to something that cannot be heard on the audio... that would be your delivery and demeanor while open carrying. This is one reason why we must plan extra time in our activities, as it allows us to answer questions without seeming hurried or put off.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Hi All,

Sorry for the "file factory link". It was the only way I could quickly find to get the recording "posted" as this forum does not accept files this large to be attached to a post.

I am welcome to suggestions as to where to alternately host the recording if you have any???...

Carry On,

Livermoron

Post imported post

Livermoron wrote:
    Hi All,

Sorry for the "file factory link". It was the only way I could quickly find to get the recording "posted" as this forum does not accept files this large to be attached to a post.

I am welcome to suggestions as to where to alternately host the recording if you have any???...

Carry On,

Livermoron
    I figured it out and I didn't have to sign up for anything. I say let natural selection run its course on this one.

Post imported post

Walmarts down here have been supportive of me carrying. Love that stuff.