• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart UOC: brief cordial encounter with store staff

Livermoron

imported post

Hello All,

After at least 6 shopping visits to Walmart in Livermore, CA while UOC with no "contact" I had a brief interaction with employees this evening.

Had this gone bad this recording may have been needed for other uses. It went well though. This is a fine example of why it is a must to UOC with a recording device at ALL TIMES.

The assistant manager can be heard asking "...are you a police officer?" Also, "Do you have a permit to have a gun in the store?"

As far as I know, Walmart corporate does not have a negative policy on firearms carried by patrons and there certainly is not a sign on the door making any related statements.

Anyway - I hope your interactions go this well.

Carry On!

Livermoron :cool:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1e423g/n/Livermore_Walmart_5-27-10_UOC.mp3

NightOwl

imported post

Walmart policy is to follow state law. Starbucks got a lot of press for that, but Walmart had that policy long before they did.

If there are any problems at Walmart giving you problems when you're in accordance with state law, simply make calls up the chain of command. If you dig around on the forum (or someone provides) there's a great guy in their security department, I believe he's a regional director thereof, who is helpful and willing to correct store managers if they get their policy wrong.

It's pretty surprising that they even said anything to you about it at all, tbh. I expect better than that from Walmart.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

What is with this "filefactory" crap! If you must jump through hoops to listen to your MP3, why bother listening.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Good interaction. You were prepared; having both some information to pass out and your recorder running. The reaction from the Wal*mart employee sounded like they responded well to your answers- that can at least partly be attributed to something that cannot be heard on the audio... that would be your delivery and demeanor while open carrying. This is one reason why we must plan extra time in our activities, as it allows us to answer questions without seeming hurried or put off.

Ca Patriot

imported post

can you post a file that doesnt require us to sign up for something ?

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All,

Sorry for the "file factory link". It was the only way I could quickly find to get the recording "posted" as this forum does not accept files this large to be attached to a post.

I am welcome to suggestions as to where to alternately host the recording if you have any???...

Carry On,

jsebclark

imported post

Livermoron wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry for the "file factory link". It was the only way I could quickly find to get the recording "posted" as this forum does not accept files this large to be attached to a post.

I am welcome to suggestions as to where to alternately host the recording if you have any???...

Carry On,

I figured it out and I didn't have to sign up for anything. I say let natural selection run its course on this one.