• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'En banc court considers DV misdemeanor violence gun ban', Wisconsin Law Journal, David Ziemer

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

The sad truth is that orders of protection, ex-parte orders of protection, or restraining orders are civil in nature and may be decided on a preponderance of the evidence. It is the sad truth in America that your rights may be taken away because of an allegation of wrongdoing.

I'm not in favor of rights being taken away for misdemeanor crimes of violence, but at least in a criminal trial you get attorney and a jury and the charge must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.