Thread: DASH CARRY

Post imported post

Well, many of you may already know that for vehicle tramsport, I carry my handgun in a 'gun rug' on the farthest left corner of my dash. A couple of weeks ago, I got pulled over twice for a heradlight out. No issue. I have been observed by LEO casing and uncasing, to and from my dasbboard. No issue. Last night, I stopped at KT to fill up. Got out, holstered to realize thegas cap is on the other side. I was tempted to just quickly move the car. Something in me told me not to risk it. So I cased it, moved the car and uncased it. After I had started pumping gas, I notice a city cop sitting at the shop across the street observing me. No issue.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

So we complain when cops are ignorant to our detriment and cheer when it is to our benefit. Ignorance, the rule of small men. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Banned

Post imported post

No ignorance here.

Post imported post

Dash carry is legal to me too.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

I asked a patrol cop who showed up to inform me my mail will no longer be delivered about this issue. He stated that as long as it is in a case and unloaded I can carry it were I feel. Granted this is his personal belief and not a legal interpretation but it does go to the effect of how LEO may react. He did tell me though that although he believes it is legal I may be asked to exit my vehicle at gunpoint. Guess that is a hint about how they feel as well.:shock:

Now you said the far left side of your dash? Are you talking about the drivers side or passenger side? Left I would assume is drivers side.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    So we complain when cops are ignorant to our detriment and cheer when it is to our benefit. Ignorance, the rule of small men. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
    What? Are you saying that the cop was ignorant of the law? Perhaps he knows the law, say that nothing illegal was happening, and corretly, did not get involved.