• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I bought a Ruger SR9c yesterday!

open4years

imported post

I wanted the black version of this 9mm semi-auto, and they could order one, but I decided to drop by and look at the stainless steel
slide version. I'm glad I did as it is one good looking gun! So, I bought it.

The SR9 is it's big brother. The SR9c comes with a flush 10 round magazine and an adapter to create a pinkie home. A 17 round magazine is also in the case with a magazine loader and a lock, of course!

I wish I knew where my digital camera is and I wish I knew how to upload the picture. But Ruger has a big photo on their web site. Instead of pointing out it's good points, I'll make this shorter by pointing out what I don't like!

The polymer adapter is made exactly like the grip, much better than all
of the other adapters, that I have - but the color is much lighter. Now, how hard could it be to use the same batch of polymer, used to make the grip, on the adapter! I can only guess that it must have been outsourced. I would have preferred a screw to hold the adapter in place.

It is time now to find a holster, night sights and one more 17 round
magazine. I haven't purchased ammunition in a while and I wasn't
prepared for the shock. A box of 20 Federal Hydra-Shoks were $24.99!!! Now, I like to run at least a hundred rounds, of my carry ammunition, through a new gun to make sure there are no problems using that ammunition. But that comes to $124.95, not including tax! Maybe I'll shoot hollow points as I can afford it. When will ammunition be available and affordable again? Is this STILL caused by the Obama effect? I was told 9mm was available and affordible. Hopefully round nose ammunition is cheaper. Who can afford to shoot regularly?

open4years

imported post

I should have a picture posted, in say six months or so. Our you could see it at Ruger!

Thank for responding. I guess this pistol isn't popular.

jbird

imported post

I figure there just aren't enough of them out there yet. From what I have seen in my friends shop, they appear to pretty good pistols. I sold one last time I covered the counter for a while and was surprised that it came with a fingertip extension for the mag and a full size mag with a grip sleeve to give a full size grip.

Looks like a pretty good value, to me.

The only downside, to my thinking, is that the overall length of the slide is a bit long, looks about the same as my Glock 23. My wife's Glock 26 is shorter. That slide length with a slightly longer grip would be a great mid size 9mm, IMO.

How does it shoot?

Jay

None2Slow

imported post

I have been waiting and waiting for the stainless and black to come in around here. After 3 months, I decided to pick up a Springfield XD compact .45 Hey, its what they had. After a week and a half, I am still trying to find time to go and paper test it. Ohh and they still have NO sr9c's here.

CrossFire

imported post

I have been interested in this pistol since I found out about it, just have not seen one in person yet. Been hoping for someone to provide a review. Hopefully you will range test it soon.