• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South haven court case

1245A Defender

imported post

hey bigdaddyj;;; could you possibly, remember back, quesstamate, recall, approximately, any kind of estimation of HOW FAR you had pulled the slide back when you heard the shot??
when the gun went off,, did it recoil? did it push the slide against your hand?
when you racked the slide, did you pull it fast? to fling the cartridge out?
or did you rack it slow the let the cartridge fall out?

im glad you came out AOK, the cost of justice was way too high!!!
im studying guns and gun safetys, trying to understand how these things
can happen in "fail safe" mechanical contrivences.

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddyj, are you considering suing them? The abuse of your father is completely unacceptable, as well as the general handling of the incident. I hope you can still get dash cam footage at this point.

bigdaddyj

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
hey bigdaddyj;;; could you possibly, remember back, quesstamate, recall, approximately, any kind of estimation of HOW FAR you had pulled the slide back when you heard the shot??
when the gun went off,, did it recoil? did it push the slide against your hand?
when you racked the slide, did you pull it fast? to fling the cartridge out?
or did you rack it slow the let the cartridge fall out?

im glad you came out AOK, the cost of justice was way too high!!!
im studying guns and gun safetys, trying to understand how these things
can happen in "fail safe" mechanical contrivences.
I had pulled the slide almost completely back. There was NO recoil. I didn't pull it back fast but also didn't pull it slow either. I don't remember if it pushed the slide against my hand, but I do remember I had alot of GSR on my finger.

bigdaddyj

imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
bigdaddyj, are you considering suing them? The abuse of your father is completely unacceptable, as well as the general handling of the incident. I hope you can still get dash cam footage at this point.
We have considered it but not quite sure what my dad wants to do about it. He said he understands BOTH sides of the situation, ONLY because he used to wear a badge.

1245A Defender

imported post

i really dont like striker fired guns!
just shot my first glocks yesterday,,, nice!,,but funny!!

thanx for the details about the memories of the UD!!
i say UD because its an "act of god"!
but not in the relegious way..