• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF Redefines 40-Year-Old Law on Gun Transfers

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Reversing an interpretation of the Gun Control Act that has been on the books for more than four decades, ATF today posted a ruling declaring any shipment of a firearm by a manufacturer (FFL) to any agent or business (e.g., an engineering-design firm, patent lawyer, testing lab, gun writer, etc.) for a bona fide business purpose to be a "transfer" under the Gun Control Act of 1968. As a consequence, legitimate business-related shipments will now require the recipient to complete a Form 4473 and undergo a Brady criminal background check. In many instances, these requirements will force shipments to a third party, thereby lengthening the process and the time that the firearm is in transit.

Full story:

http://blog.nssf.org/2010/05/atf-reverses-interpretation-of-gca-redefines-transfers-of-firearms.html

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sounds like the "I take responsibility" guy in the white house is continuing his "lets make life more difficult for "those" guys," program.

Here we go again...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

davegran wrote:
Sounds like somebody in the ATF is off his meds.... Next thing you know they'll declare alcohol a dangerous drug and we'll be back to Prohibition. :banghead:
NEVER HAPPEN, Just like Tobacco will NEVER be outlawed....they make TOO much money from the Taxes that is collected from those items....... Remember out .Gov is GREEEEEEEEEEDY. they won't outlaw them , but they will keep on raising taxes on them, until only the very wealthy can afford them. When everyone does quit smoking, the lost tax revenue will be made up on raising other taxes. Taxes, taxes, taxes, more taxes & future taxes....someday soon, your pay check will go directly to the .gov

our founding fathers, gave the Brits the finger for alot less...when will we ?!
the tree of Liberty is beginning to die, from the lack of refreshing

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
davegran wrote:
Sounds like somebody in the ATF is off his meds.... Next thing you know they'll declare alcohol a dangerous drug and we'll be back to Prohibition. :banghead:
NEVER HAPPEN,
Actually, I was just kidding. Maybe I should have used dancing monkey :monkeyinstead of concussion guy :banghead:.