Thread: Open Carry in Cape Hatteras National Seashore

Post imported post

Will be visiting again in July. Good to go for OC or CC on the beach or in my vehicle on the beach, correct? (If they let us drive anywhere on the beach)
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

The only tricky part is avoiding the "State Gamelands" where you can't carry a pistol in the "off season". And there is a maddening patchwork of "state gamelands" throughout the entire OBX area...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

I was in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park last week and notice there are still "no firearms" signs at pretty much every trailhead, picnic area and campground. I was under the impression that all that had changed yet the signs are still up. We all no how "anal" NC is about carrying in the prescence of signs.

Post imported post

Just want to make sure that the NATIONAL SEASHORE falls under NPS jurisdiction. We have a Virginia thread going that OC is still illegal in NATIONAL FORESTS.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    The only tricky part is avoiding the "State Gamelands" where you can't carry a pistol in the "off season". And there is a maddening patchwork of "state gamelands" throughout the entire OBX area...
    I'm curious, are there any individuals, state reps or organizations working to change the regulations restricting 2a rights on "gamelands?"In National Forests?GRNC? Anyone?

Post imported post

NCBobD wrote:
    Dreamer wrote:
    I'm curious, are there any individuals, state reps or organizations working to change the regulations restricting 2a rights on "gamelands?"Â*In National Forests?Â*GRNC?Â* Anyone?
    I had a post up here while they were taking public comments on the upcoming rule changes and taking suggestions for new ones. I'll get another one up next time it comes around. I went to the public hearing in Morganton and voiced my concern there as well. I think we got their attention this year, since they made a point to post a news release regarding the difference in Gamelands and NPS land.

And the signs are wrong. Period. They can only post buildings or outdoor theaters where park service employees work. I OC'd by 2 rangers on the parkway, they noticed but said nothing.

Smokies firearms page.

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/parkmgmt/lawsandpolicies.htm

To get around the gamelands issue you can carry a .22 pistol with a barrel less than 7.5". Check page 55 of the hunting regs book. Or first page, on the right side under weapons. I know, I know it's a crappy defensive round.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Regs/2009_..._Gamelands.pdf