Thread: San Francisco Chronicle - Open carry movement duels it out with Brady Center

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=64554

SNIP

Dueling emotions on gun control flare anew

The Open Carry pro-gun movement and its opposite number on the political fence, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, ratcheted up the rhetoric this week with dueling statements that show the battle over letting people pack firearms in public is not even close to dying down.

OpenCarry.org, the group pushing for a national expansion of the right of law-abiding citizens to tote unloaded -- or loaded -- firearms in the open, fired off a public statement condemning a bill, AB1934, to prohibit people from openly carrying even unloaded weapons in California. The bill by state Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, D-San Diego, is making its way through the Legislature -- and the OpenCarry statement called it "histrionic," saying Saldana "has misled legislators, the media and the public at large into believing that AB1934 would not impact private property rights."

. . .

Banned

Post imported post

I'd say we are a group.

group

–noun

1. any collection or assemblage of persons or things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
    Yep. I'd say we are a group.

Centurion

Post imported post

As a group, we no doubt have way more members than the Brady campaign... but we don't have the big buck sponsors on the left who want the public disarmed. It would be nice if we had our own Soros, but we don't.

Post imported post

I have just two words for the Brady Campaign, and their little sign-toting subgroup the Million Mom March:

Barbara Graham
    'nuff sed...

http://www.tincher.to/mmm.htm

http://www.davekopel.com/NRO/2001/Bi...s-Tempered.htm

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:Haha, wow. I didn't know the MMM were that bad. I wasn't paying too much attention to the news back in 2001, as I was only in 8th/9th grade at the time (and a SoCal kid). But now that I look back on this, wow, this is hilarious!
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Post imported post

Assault, vandalism, property damage, spitting, slander, libel, illegal campaign contributions, and attempted murder.

Yeah, the Brady Campaign and MMM are a real bunch of law-abiding, peace-loving cupcakes alright...

Any time ANY person tries to quote a Brady statistic or tries to say what a good thing the MMM is, I just look at them with a smile and say:

"Barbara Graham"
    And walk away...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

I find it interesting to see that these same people, who usually find a group and use their special interests as an excuse to eliminate rights, are labeling a group specifically to be persecuted and removed from rights...

It's as if they know their own ploys so well, they even know how to screw it up the best.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

how do people like this live? Their thought process must be so messed up. I just cant imagine being that much of an idiot. I've had conversations with people that share a similar mentality to some of the people described in that one article about MMM. I usually leave the conversation with a little less hope for humanity. It's just amazing how these sheltered individuals can take their freedoms for granted so much that they're willing to give them up or even rush the process along a little bit.
    HOOAH?